Monday 16 March 2020

5 on FRIDAY - GRATITUDE late as ever!

Yes, this was supposed to be done over the weekend, but time slipped away.
Seeing the world has gone crazy, it's been hard to think about our "gratitude's", but here are some small things that have made me smile just lately.
Enjoying some house plants & finding I've missed not having them around the house for quite some time.
Watching the bees & insects gathering pollen/nectar & knowing they are helping pollinate ornamental & vegetable gardens along with our orchards.
Having a very clever husband who has built me this chest of drawers, which I am in the process of decorating.  In this we have some scraps from other projects, pallett timber for the top, part of an old wardrobe that belonged to our youngest granddaughter, and a second-hand TV cabinet (costing all of $12).  I've bought some old handles as well as a few new ones.  I'll show it again once finished.
Tomatoes in our small veg plot.  This year I didn't plant out as much as might normally, due to our very strange weather, but the two tomato plants I put in are doing well now, as is our rather abundant silver beet.  As I said to a friend who is worried about running out of food, at least I'll be able to eat tomatoes, spinach & blueberries from the freezer.😊
And onto my fifth gratitude.  I've plenty of scraps hoarded to make into some little quilts to give away closer to winter (not the best time to be travelling too far at the moment), to help  out in our fire ravaged areas.  Just a little something more personal, than money, which is not necessarily reaching everyone.  These two still need quilting.

I know that I've missed the linkup for this but you can pop across to Kate's blog & see the other links.
I hope to catch up with a couple of other posts already planned during the week as we can't venture out very much/far until this crisis has passed. 
Take extra care everyone & lots of huggles from down under.
Susan.

9 comments:

  1. I've never really been one for houseplants but I've bought a few just lately and I'm loving them, I can see me adding to my collection. The chest of drawers is fabulous, looking forward to seeing it finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. A few houseplants are supposedly good for our wellbeing, though it may be a myth. Who knows? Another 2 drawers done this afternoon, so not long now & I'll be able to transfer all my craft bits in a stack of boxes to an organised system in these.

      Delete
  2. Lovely things to be grateful for. Love the way you have displayed your plants in a basket and the chest of drawers is wonderful:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely post about being grateful.
    Houseplants are certainly a thing I like to have in the house.
    The quilts are stunning
    I love the chest of drawers, that is wonderful.

    love and blessings x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. Hope all is well with you & family.

      Delete
  4. Susan I love, love, love your chest of drawers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gifted most of my houseplants before our move last May. The weather is beginning to improve and we have spent a lot of time in the garden, but as soon as we can, House plants are on my shopping list
    Strange and worrying times, but I know that we will get through it.
    Stay Safe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely post, lots to be thankful for :) Those drawers look fab!

    ReplyDelete