Sunday 22 March 2020

TRYING TO BE NORMAL!!!!!

Oh dear, all this turmoil is doing my head in.  My concentration has hit an all time low & the depressing news does not help in any way & even our kids are laying down the law to us.  Yes, we are being as good as we can, by staying away from most things, except the teenist bit of shopping if we have to. 
I'll try & be up beat with this post.  Some photos of what has happened here over the last few weeks, before it began to look like we'll all be in lockdown of next week, so we've heard.

ON THE HOME FRONT.
My new chest of drawers in place.  These next few photos aren't the best, as we've had very cloudy weather just lately & the light just isn't right, no matter how hard I try.
They replaced that stack of boxes & the clear plastic drawer set, which was painful to open.  I'm definitely not the tidiest of people with my quilting/crafting.
We also moved my photo collage & put up the little timber rack I bought ages ago.
                                                          I've being going "potty" too.
Playing around with pots which have been hibernating in a big plastic tub.  What's a girl to do, when staying home is a must.

A DAY OR TWO OUT BEFORE THE CRACKDOWN.
Some weeks ago, it rained quite heavily over night.  We headed out the next day to look for some more old knobs for my chest & on the way got held up in some rather deep water over the road.
                                      Swish, swish through this after about a 20 minute delay.
 No knobs, but I did come home with these.  I hope to put some begonias in wooden tub, the frame is going to be put to a wacky idea & the cute print goes with some other pieces I have by this artist, that my mother bought back in the 50's & eventually came to me.
This stamp was in a box full of them & I happened to pick this one up, just to check what on earth they were.  It turned out the young man who owned Old Modern, had been offered the contents from the old Melbourne Print Works & had printer's drawers & all manner of "stuff" from when they closed down.  I'd asked him about the stamps & how much this particular one was & he wanted to know why this particular one.  My Dad worked for this company while I was growing up & didn't leave them till after I was married.  He actually then gave it to me.  How wonderful was that?

One more bit of nonsense.  I receive emails from quilt pattern companies if I've used them to purchase long-arm quilting patterns. When they release new patterns they send them through for you to browse & maybe purchase!    I got the one below this morning & it did make me laugh.  Hope I'm not breaking any law by showing it.............


                                                                 Who'd have thought?
OK, enough from me & I hope everyone is hanging in there.  We are trying hard not to feel too down & go along with staying close to home & pottering about with our hobbies, garden & general housework.
Take care all, stay safe & huge huggles.
Susan.

18 comments:

  1. Hello Susan, a beauty your new chest of drawers is. So colourful and pretty. It's certainly challenging for many right now but i am thankful i can use the technology and still visit lovely people like yourself. Being home more has given me time to find new things to see too, so a positive in alk the nasty that is around us. My children are laying down the law too! With love x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. Yes to the technology bit, even though I've taken a while to really embrace it. Take care.

      Delete
  2. I am really enjoying the slower pace of life, and might even get to some of my own sewing??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Judy, take advantage & do that sewing for yourself. Take care.

      Delete
  3. The chest of drawers is fabulous, I love how colourful it is. We're trying to stay at home as much as we're able but we still have to go and help my dad out, and Eleanor's still going to work so it's difficult. We can all just do as much as we can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. I'm feeling for you with your Dad's current health problems. From tomorrow we have restrictions in force, only venturing out for essentials & no more than 2kms from home. Yipes, when will it all end? Take care.

      Delete
  4. Like you we are staying close to home and just poppng to the local shop when needed, we haven't stock piled so need to top up when we can. Your chest of drawers is lovely. I have one of those plastic drawer things for files and etc and they are awkward things to deal with, stay safe and take care:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie. Like you we've not stock piled & will have to shop for essential groceries a little bit & as we are now in lock down we can't travel more than 2kms. I do hope it all calms soon. Take care, stay safe & huggles.

      Delete
  5. That is a gorgeous chest of draws. So artistic. I don't have a creative bone in my body. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon & I'll bet you do have lots of creativeness & now in these strange times may be time to release it in baby steps. Have a try! Take care & stay safe.

      Delete
  6. A lovely colourful chest of drawers, it looks great. I managed to get out for the afternoon yesterday to take some photos for my blog but I went to a place where I saw hardly anyone - I prefer places like that anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eunice. Love open & isolated countryside too. Our walk today was only in our local neighborhood I'm afraid as we have very tight restrictions now. Take care & stay safe.

      Delete
  7. We've been shut down here per the president for the past week, and our state governor just announced a two week shutdown. I live in a small town, but the first case here was announced today. It's amazing how this virus is spreading. You do seem to enjoy your outings so I hope you can keep busy at home. I go out for a walk and fiddle in the yard everyday, and I'm liking the stay at home bit. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to hear from you Joanna. Yes we do like getting out & about, but at least we have our hobbies & a good size garden to keep us busy. Take care &stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those drawers look even better now I've seen them finished and in place, you must be very pleased with them!

    I don't like the situation we're in, but I am loving working from home, having more time at home and being able to do a few chores through the working day. It makes life so much easier. Plus, lockdown in the UK has coincided with some lovely spring weather so a longer lunch break with a walk from home in the sunshine is making me happy too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise. It must be very different working from home, but glad your weather is behaving as ours is today after a very cool start to March. Enjoy your walks & take care.

      Delete
  10. Oh that chest turned out just great! Glad we have our hobbies and loves to keep us occupied. Less news and more happy is key. Wow on that puddle!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra & yes to being grateful for hobbies. Just watching Andre Rieu whilst doing some crochet before bedtime. Music & yarn are both on my list of loves too.

      Delete