Monday 30 March 2020

UK TRIP 2019 - HARLOW CARR.

Celebrating 70!!!

In late August last year we spent the day at RHS's most northerly garden of Harlow Carr, to celebrate my 70th.  I'd actually planned something else, but it didn't happen, so as we'd gone out to HC earlier in our trip & not been able to get a parking space due to school holidays, we made our way back on this day & I got my garden fix.  Following are a lot of photos of a great day.
Beds brimming with flowers.

Couldn't resist this fellow in the Owl display.

A corner of the Alpine House.  I think that is what it is called.

Glasshouse envy.

Did this "little" piggy go to market?

A long vista.

Pink cyclamen beneath the trees.

White cyclamen among the leaves.

Are you vicious?

I just love this higgledy-piggledy wood.

The sunken garden was captivating.

Creativeness in a pot.

These nasturtiums were the most amazing colours, some of which I just couldn't get a photo of.

More beauty.
A great day topped off by these lovely presents I was given by family.

This t-shirt, front above & back below was given to me by my niece & nephew after we told them about a funny happening at a shop in Keswick.  Keith bought me the White Rose Pendant.
OK, that was a birthday to remember & I'm not having a say on the current situation we find ourselves in today, but will post occasionally about our trip last year and what we are getting up to on the home front with crafting, gardening & amusing ourselves in isolation.  Best go as I can really smell my loaf of bread baking, so must nearly be ready.
PLEASE stay safe all, take care & giant huggles from down under.
PS:  Thanks to all my wonderful blogging pals, I really need you now.
Susan.
 

11 comments:

  1. Belated birthday wishes Susan. Lovely photos and I love the higgledy-piggledy wood. What super gifts, your T-shirt and pendant. I think I can smell your home-baked bread, yummy :)
    We certainly do need our blogging friends, such a lovely community. Take care, stay safe and stay well xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. Seems ages ago now....... The bread looks good & I'll admit to not using my bread machine except for jam for a long time. Take care.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely way to celebrate your birthday. It's a while since I've been to Harlow Carr but it's a beautiful garden with so much to see, there's always some inspiration to take away with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. It should be starting to look good now, but it would be out of the question for now due to this !!!!. I won't say it. Take care.

      Delete
  3. It looks like you had a great day and I'm glad you were able to go back and be able to park on your special day. It looks a great garden, we were close by last summer when we stayed overnight near Harrogate but were moving on to Durham so didn't have time to visit the garden. I'd love to visit one day. Stay safe:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie. It's absolutely gorgeous & if one day you ever get the chance again, it's worth it. Take care.

      Delete
  4. I have never been there but looks fab. Loving the willow weaved dinasaur. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. You probably aren't all that far & "one day" it would be a lovely outing, though I'm not sure dogs are allowed, so may be not such a good idea. Take care.

      Delete
  5. What a lovely post to read! Beautiful collection of photos. I've never been to Harlow Carr, but I'd like to visit one day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some more lovely photos Susan I have returned to the blogging world to try to lighten the mood. Stay safe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susan. I love Harlow Carr and have visited many times over the years. It has something for every season. Thanks for sharing the photo's. When this dreadful crisis is over I shall plan a trip there with my friends. Please stay safe... and keep on blogging. Even reading day to day trivia is better than staring at four walls.

    ReplyDelete