Thursday 26 March 2020

MARCH PHOTO SCAVENGER HUNT 2020.

Linking with Kate at I live, I love I craft, I am me,  for the hunt for photos to go with her list of words.

I'm finding life very "strange" at the moment & will just plunge straight in for the hunt.  Knowing I probably will not get many lookers & not being able to concentrate, I 'm not sure I should be blogging at all.  I'm absolutely scared out of my wits, that this is how we will be living for the rest of my time on this earth.  Ugh..............  Thanks Kate for doing this word hunt. 

Keith had a birthday earlier this month & 4 of the photos are from our outing to celebrate.  No-one else was around as we were in the middle of the forest of the Strzelecki Ranges to our south.  We saw one car on Grand Ridge Road, until we neared the coast at Foster, tuned around & headed home, via a different route.  The scenery was delightful.  Oh, & we took a picnic lunch with us & a thermos.

1.  BIRTHDAY.
              This is where we ate our picnic lunch overlooking the hills of South Gippsland.

2.  JAZZY.
Along the side of the road, we noticed this rock.  We did a quick back-up, took a photo, all the time wondering who might have done this & why in the middle of nowhere.

3.  FLAG.
Before entering the forest proper, we traveled through farming country as you could see from where we ate our lunch.  Much to my surprise we came across this flag fluttering among the pine trees at the entrance to a farm.  Had to stop & take a snap, as it was just what I wanted for the hunt.  I was one lucky girl that day.

4.  THREE.
There was a reason we pulled over where we did for lunch.  The width of the grass verge would accommodate our car nicely away from the road, the view was to die for & I noticed these horses.
Yes, "three", just what I needed for another word from the hunt.  What a day & lucky I carry my words with me in my camera bag. 

5.  CUSHION.
I've shown these before.  I made them especially for my lovely stepdaughter in UK for her birthday in December & posted them over 4 months ago.  THEY HAVE NEVER ARRIVED................................

6.  MY OWN CHOICE.
OK, just a bit of nonsense for the last one.  Does this shadow remind anyone of an animal?  I took the photo one afternoon this week as the sun appeared for a few minutes.  You can see the wood on the rock behind, which is drying for, uh....something?

Well this about it for me & I've really struggled writing this with the world in turmoil.  Am I doing the right thing?  I've registered for our groceries on-line, to be delivered so we don't have to be close to others & only go out if absolutely necessary.  We will continue to take a walk around our neighbourhood every couple of days & yesterday we only saw  one or two people & kept our distance.  We musn't even travel anywhere more than 2kms unless it is vitally important.
PLEASE stay safe all, take care & the biggest virtual hugs I can give too.

27 comments:

  1. Good selection of photos Susan. Don't stress, don't spend time watching the news, breathe, and look for the positives, the sun came up this morning, you have a lot of hobbies that you can do at home such as photography, cooking and quilting. This time will pass. Sending virtual hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy, I just feel so at odds with life, though Keith just showed me the funniest clip on his phone & I am laughing. Yes I've lots I can do & spent most of today outsie in the garden. It's the first sunny day after 5 days of gloom. Take care & I might ring next week.

      Delete
  2. I hope you don't mind me reconnecting. Keep on blogging Susan, I've learned the hard way we need our blogging friends more than ever now. Belated birthday wishes to Keith. That rock certainly is jazzy, how very strange. How sad that your lovely cushions have been lost in the post. I would have been very afraid of that shadow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen & I definitely don't mind. Keith says thanks too. Take care.

      Delete
  3. Happy belated birthday to Keith, I'm glad you managed to get out and celebrate. How lovely that someone painted that rock, I'm sure it brings a smile to all those who notice it at the side of the road. The postal service seems to get worse and worse with missing parcels whilst at the same time upping their charges. Such a shame that the cushions never arrived, you must be really upset about that, as I'm sure your stepdaughter is too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As above, Keith says ta. I couldn't believe that I managed most of the photos on one day, especially the jazzy rock. I'm actually gutted about the cushions. First thing I've ever had go astray & I've certainly sent a lot of things to UK. Take care.

      Delete
  4. I wondered about keeping blogging too but I think it helps both us bloggers and our readers who perhaps aren't bloggers to keep a little bit of normality going in our lives. I've enjoyed your post and photos and you just hit lucky to find them. The stone is wonderful and your cushions are lovely so sad they were lost in transit. I thought at first I could see a black cat in the window but it does look a little bit like the Gruffalo. Take care, stay safe:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie & I'm going to try & do a few posts each week, especially catching up on our trip last year. Keith thought the shadow looked like a moose. I was one lucky girl (whoops, old lady) with the photos. Take care.

      Delete
  5. Hi Susan, I saw a donkey in the shadow :-) !! We are living in strange times right now. Unfortunately our govt is causing some confusion and people are becoming very unsettled. We are just staying home and keeping occupied in the garden. This will pass, don't be overwhelmed and yes, try to stop watching the news. (loved your cushions, such a shame someone must have decided the same and kept them !) Stay well :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. Hopefully we can get together again in the future & ponder all this weirdness. I'm not able to concentrate on the book we are reading, but suppose I've plenty of time now. Take care.

      Delete
  6. Ooops ... I forgot today was the day to show the pics. Nearly bedtime so I had better do it tomorrow.
    Belated birthday wishes to Keith. Great rock, wouldn't it be fun to see more of those around. What a shame your beautiful cushions didn't arrive.
    love and {{hugs}} x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. I'm going to try and make some more cushions for our daughter & post once this surreal time is over & register it too, something I've not done before. Take care.

      Delete
  7. I have stopped watching the news and the TV in general. Just once a day when they give us an update. It was messing with my head. We are doing as we have been asked and that is all we can do. We have been isolated for two weeks now and I feel better (in my head) than I did last week!! Some lovely photos again
    Happy Birthday to Keith.
    It will all be over soon - I am sure of it
    Many hugs Lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lesley. We only watch one evening news, but try & make sure we are up to date with our own state's restrictions. We are also doing what we've been asked & will stay here till otherwise advised. Hugs to you too.

      Delete
  8. OOps Can't count - It's three weeks !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you did the photo hunt. I'm determined to carry on as normal and I only look at the news a couple of times a day. With this extra 'free time' I'm out in the garden or working on my current quilt. Try to find things easy day that make you smile! Take care and see you next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks M. Carrying on as best we can with "usual". Keith woodworking, me quilting/crocheting, etc. and both of us gardening. Tae care.

      Delete
  10. Nice to see this post and your photographs.
    Belated birthday wishes to your Keith.
    Love the jazzy rock.
    Shame that your lovely cushions have been lost in the post, our post has been more erratic but under the circumstances perhaps it is to be expected.

    Stay safe and keep positive.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. You stay safe too & take care.

      Delete
  11. I am not allowing the outside strangeness invade my 'world', we are being positive, walking every day, gardening, cooking foods that we love - reducing our contact with the news, respecting the restrictions and keeping in contact via blogging, facebook and messenger. Yes this is the 'new normal' but it will pass, we will learn from it and we will move on, we are survivors. stay safe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kate for attempting to keep us grounded. All your above are what we are doing too, minus for me the Facebook thingy, though Keith has it so he can remain in touch with all in UK & our kids here. Take care &stay safe.

      Delete
  12. Dear Susan,
    We will get through this ... you'll see. Same as everyone else we're restricting the news, doing what we're told and trying to stay postivie, although I'm finding that I'm exhausted - maybe it's just that my body is finally getting a bit of time to rest and doesn't know what's hit it lol
    I love your photos - you really were lucky to get them all on one day - the three horses are gorgeous and the rock was a lucky surprise. Hopefully the cushions will still turn up.
    Stay safe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fil. We are basically doing the same as you & DD has that same feeling of exhaustion as you, with her usual routine of working etc. all upside down. Please stay safe.

      Delete
  13. Thank you for joining in, if we all try to stick to routines and normality it helps us in staying positive and your photos are all great little glimpses of positivity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much & we are trying hard to be both positive & normal.

      Delete
  14. Lovely pictures Susan and so many in one day. Lucky lady. I'm with Keith on Moose, As soon as I clicked on your picture to enlarge it I immediately saw a moose, though I go along with the Gruffalo suggestion. Enjoy this quiet time, look for small happy things in life. This will pass and maybe the world will be a kinder, slower place. Take care and keep safe. Happy quilting!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks like you enjoyed a beautiful (and photo productive) birthday outing for Keith, Happy Belated to him!
    Those are lovely cushions, I hope they eventually make their way to her.
    At first I saw a moose too! Then with a little more imagination I saw a dragon!
    Take it one day at a time and look for something to make you smile every day, it's got to be out there! I was feeling a little down this morning, but finally got to finish looking at the blog posts of the monthly photos and I'm feeling better - the sunshine is helping too!

    ReplyDelete