Wednesday 24 July 2013

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY!!!!!!!

This will be a quick post as today is going to be another busy one.  Monday I had two appointments, then Tuesday is my day for volunteering at Vision, so that's 2 days gone.  I have a doctor's appointment this morning and off to pick a local builder's brains this afternoon, to see if it is better to buy a block of land and build or to buy an established house and put our own mark on it.  Tomorrow, I think is free except for seeing the estate agent and on Friday, daughter and I will meet at Jeff's Shed to go to the Quilt and Craft Fair, which we try and do each year.  We live on opposite sides of Melbourne, so it makes a special day out for just the two of us.  This weekend, hubby is actually off, but I am working at the Annual Auction of Antiques and Collectables for Vision Australia Radio on Sunday.  It is a fun day but also rather hectic, so by next week I think I'll need a holiday.  This is why my posts haven't happened this week so far and I've not even used my camera much.

Below is a photo of the knitting I am doing of a night while watching TV.  I picked up the pattern and ball of wool while staying at Lakes Entrance earlier this year and it is a very interesting pattern, but easy as we have been so busy of late and I can only do simple at the moment.

Curly scarf.

I am also interested in these quilting  books posted by Joy from Days Filled with Joy.  They look and sound very interesting.  She has them as a giveaway, which is very generous of both her and the author Sandi.




Books.

Well, that is my quick post for today, and I hope everyone has an enjoyable rest of week and I'll post again soon.  Now I will have my brekky and hopefully see the new wee Prince on breakfast TV.
Susan.

5 comments:

  1. I'm tired just reading your post, Susan! Busy, busy, busy is right! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very busy week. I hope you enjoy yourself with your daughter - those days are always special aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy indeed - I am tired out just from reading it! We had a stopover in Lakes Entrance last year, and I bought yarn and a pattern for a ripple rug, which is over the back of the couch I am sitting on! I think maybe we were in the same shop!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm smiling as I read your schedule - good luck with all your commitments. I find weeks like that exceptionally tiring, you need next week free to recover and recharge :}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susan, thank you for your lovely comments over on my blog. I am still having trouble becoming one of your followers!! I have clicked on the google+ but I'm not sure what its supposed to do.
    The curly scarf looks as if its going to be lovely.The colours are lovely, really autumnal and I'm wondering if its similar to the scarves I did earlier on this year. Hope you're going to post about it when its finished!

    ReplyDelete