Sunday 14 July 2013

CHRISTMAS QUILTALONG, 2ND POST

Late on Sunday and all guests have gone to bed and I am waiting for hubby to arrive home from work at about 11pm.
Today granddaughter E and I ironed the applique to my first block.  She loves to watch and help me with my sewing etc.  We decided to have a lazy Sunday as the weather was awful, being both cold and wet.
Below is a photo, so now you will have an idea of what that block is to become.  I may sew it tomorrow, as guests are off to the Melbourne Aquarium to see the "seahorse feeding".  Hubby has to go to work and I have an osteopath appointment, but Tuesday will see us all head off for Arthur's Seat and visit the Maze and also tour the Mornington Peninsula.

First block in progress.

 

Thank you to everyone who left comments on my last post.  I've not had time to reply, but greatly appreciate you popping in and hello to a new follower.  Have a lovely week.
Susan.

13 comments:

  1. I love your gift block. I didn't see if it is your design or not, but it's really cute. I hope your granddaughter catches the quilting bug. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Joanna, this time it's not my design but an old free pattern from QNM, probably in the late 80's, early 90's. I'll have a look and put it on my next QAL post in August.

      Delete
  2. You get to go round a maze!!

    How lovely to share your sewing with E - she will always treasure your sewing times together, I'm sure.

    That's a lovely block - I think that QuiltSue has take inspiration from you with her purple and orange!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hazel, not my usual colours, but then I do love playing with colours and fabric anyway.

      Delete
  3. The bow absolutely MAKES that block, well done :}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bilbo and still wondering what you are going to do.

      Delete
  4. That is a wonderful block, especially the bow, which, as Bilbo says, finishes it off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll always remember the help you had from your grandaughter once the quilt is finished. It's lovely to share the craft bug with a special family member.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think both my younger granddaughters who are 5, are going to be somewhat crafty as they both like doing different things and both love colouring in. I did at that age too, so maybe that's how we start.

      Delete
  6. Lovely block. The gift box looks absolutely festive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aha! It's a pressie!! Very pretty, love the bow :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the block, and I'm looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete