Saturday 13 July 2013

CHRISTMAS QUILTALONG QUICK POST.

Just a very quick post while I'm having a cuppa about 10am on Saturday morning (which won't be at the top of my post and I don't know why), so you can all see that I've actually made a start on the Xmas QAL.
I also took a quick walk around the garden after hanging the washing out.  Below are some photos, though I must say I'll have to try and do something about the settings on camera as they are definitely not the best.  Youngest son who is coming late this afternoon, knows plenty about cameras so I'll have to pick his brains.


First block pieced.

Others, cut and waiting to be sewn.

Ahh!!!  There's the orange and some vliesofix.  Wonder what that is for?
Not telling yet.

My first hellebore in flower   This one is Ivory Prince.



First daffodil nearly ready to open.  These are under the weeping cherry.

Last year I planted 3 "The Bride" gladioli, but only 2 have reappeared this year , but do have buds.
This morning I disturbed some Eastern Rosellas that have been visiting our garden to eat the seedheads from the silver birches.  I also heard above the noise of the traffic on the freeway (one of the reasons we want to move) a couple of kookaburras laughing.  I will now see if I can find some pics of these to show everyone.

Kookaburra.

Eastern Rosella.

Have a lovely Quiltalong to those ladies who are participating and to my other blogging buddies, have an enjoyable weekend.  Till next time, Susan.

7 comments:

  1. Aren't those rosellas pretty, Sue - so exotic! Have a great day with the family - I can't wait to see what you're project becomes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - I've set up a Mr Linky on the QAL page on my blog here: http://hazelsquilts.blogspot.co.uk/p/christmas-quiltalong-2012.html if you have time to sign in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Kookaburra at Bag end but what pretty little birds they are.

    Instead I have QuiltSue sitting opposite me with a big mug of latte, Daisy at my feet and it's VERY hot outside!

    Enjoy your weekend and your sewing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos, Especially the Rosella. Looking forward to seeing what your challenge blocks become. Hope you enjoy your weekend with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my, what gorgeous nature you are surrounded by. And I am interested to see what becomes of that quilt block. The colors look nice together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful birds you have over there, the Rosella is so colourful. Enjoy the weekend with your family. I'm having a quiet day here, everyone's out for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmm... wonder what you are working on! Looking forward to seeing what it is :) How lovely to see familiar birds from home... xxx

    ReplyDelete