Tuesday 30 July 2013

STUDIO AND GARDEN


A quick post before I set off for Vision.
The Quilt Show was great and daughter and I had a very enjoyable day, but ran out of time.  I wasn't going to buy anything, but did come home with a few items, much to daughter's amusement.  I did miss getting some small buttons for an old stitchery.  I will try and take a photo of what I bought, though one is destined for Xmas presents, so that won't be in the pic.

Below are some photos I took yesterday out in the garden.  It was a beautiful day, sunny and nearly 20deg.  I had the door and windows open and got plenty of washing dry.  It is quite wet and cooler today.

Anemones

The fairy ring of daffodils starting to flower.

Pieris {it smells heavenly).

Green Goddess arum lily which I thought I'd lost earlier in the heat and dry of last summer.

Bulbs -  daffodils, star flowers, bluebells and violets.  As you can see by the support, my gardens are very steep and I cannot stand in them to weed or anything else.

Now to the studio.  In April last year when I got the new quilting machine, I had to change my room around, but have never been happy with the arrangement.  Yesterday, after selling my old cutting table/desk, I decided to do a rejig.  This is how it has ended up and I hope to ask for some feedback as to ideas anyone might have.  I need to get rid of some larger pieces of furniture which are so bulky and have more streamlined storage.  Is that a good idea?  As we will be moving in the near future I really must get organised.
Excuse the mess.





The auction went well on Sunday, although I was terribly tired by the end.  Below are 2 photos.  The one of the three ladies waiting for the first lot of sheets has their permission to be on this blog.  I did take photos at the quilt show, but because of so many restrictions I haven't put any on.



F, Me and B.


Sale items on one of the tables.
All for now and hope to get some sewing, knitting and embroidery done this week  Keep your fingers crossed for me.  Susan.

9 comments:

  1. It's funny to see your daffodils coming up now; ours showed up 4 or 5 months ago. You have such lovely flowers. Glad your auction was a success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna. It is the last month of winter over here now and the daffs usually start about mid July. I have buds on my lilac, magnolia and weeping cherry, so will post those when they come out.

      Delete
  2. Love your sewing room!!! Is that a Gammill? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Joy, that is a Gammill Statler, which I bought from EMCO.
      I've bought from them twice as I had a Premier before this one. Have you heard of them?

      Delete
    2. Yes I have heard of them... I have a Gammill Classic Plus.. bought second hand from my friend who upgraded.. I do love it even though it is not computerized. Maybe one day I can upgrade! xxx

      Delete
  3. Do you know, I never knew pieris were scented, and I have one in the courtyard garden too! I must take more notice in (our) Spring.

    Good move to think about streamlining - it will make moving so much less daunting - but everything in your storage units does look neatly stacked! Unless you are thinking of streamlining the books and/or fabric too...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smell is lovely, though I know some people don't like smelly things. I'm going to miss a lot of my plants when we move, but I will put them in my next garden anyway, on a flatter plot.
      I don't think I could give up my books, fabric, quilt machine, but the cupboards need to be easier to find things in and I need to be a lot more organised. I've been trying to get some more done on the Xmas QAL, but never seem to find the time. Maybe next week.

      Delete
  4. It always makes me happy to see daffs coming up, even when it's on the other side of the world. I think your studio looks enormous and am quite jealous of all your space, but how frustrating if the layout doesn't work for you. Ikea is always good for storage I find. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, It seems really strange to see anemones and daffodils just coming into flower! I know your seasons are the opposite of ours so you are now coming into spring is that right? I'm still getting used to speaking to my son at midday on a weekend and its dark outside over there!!

    ReplyDelete