Thursday 13 March 2014

COMPROMISE!!!!!!

What happens when you move to a new house, purchased as it met most criteria and, yes, had a neutral colour scheme.  Neutral in this case is  "GREY".  Everything is grey:-  walls, carpet, 4 piece bathroom suite, floor tiles, kitchen cupboards, vinyl flooring, laundry cupboards, dining room light fitting, and some of the curtains.  Now, not all the curtains are grey, but are of good quality and cover the windows well, so keeping the heat out in summer and the warmth in, in winter.  Well, what do you do when you can't really afford to change them, although the colours just aren't right in some rooms. Why, you play musical curtains.
Here's what we did.  The navy blue ones in our bedroom, were both too dark and just didn't go with most of my quilts, so they went into one of the spare bedrooms.  The sewingroom ones were deep green, so ended up in our room.  The pink in the other spare bedroom are now in the sewing room and we swapped the study navy blue curtains with the other spare bedroom grey ones, lightening the study very well.  All rooms now seem to just be better suited to us and the way we use them, so compromise isn't such a bad thing after all.

Having been interrupted several times trying to do this post, I will just pop one photo here from Tuesday night after a shower of rain.  We actually recorded 3mm, the same as the whole month of February.  I spoke of the cockatoos, flying around most nights and making a lot of noise, well I stand corrected as they are actually Little Corellas, a type of cocky.  They were enjoying drinking from the puddles on the road and let me get quite close.

If you click to enlarge, you'll be able to see the pink on their necks.
Another photo, this time,  part of our back garden and on Saturday ( a special day), I'll pop on another photo of the same, but you will notice a difference.


Best go and make a phone call and do some more stitching on the baby quilt binding.  Have a great Friday ladies and hopefully I'll have time to post on Saturday morning.
Take care.
Susan.

10 comments:

  1. I think that sounds like a very good compromise. My windows are all different sizes so I doubt it would be an easy job for me to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, six of our windows are the same size.

      Delete
  2. Now I like grey very much but even for me that sounds like an awful lot of grey! But good news that you could move all those curtains around to suit you better. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillian, I'll show our very grey kitchen one day in another post.

      Delete
  3. Compromise is good. I'm glad you could switch things around to suit you better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you have fun moving things about? Couldn't have been easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Joanna, but K did all the moving, I just supervised.

      Delete
  5. What a good job the windows were all similar sizes so you could do that. It certainly wouldn't work in my house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'ts evidently cheaper when you build if you get lots of windows the same size. We actually have six that are the same width, so all went well.

      Delete