Tuesday 4 March 2014

OOOH SECRET PROJECTS!!!!!!!

It's been a busy week, and I would like to thank all who left comments on my last post.  I've been trying to make time to answer but this week just flew by.

Thursday was my first day at Vision here in Ballarat and all went well and I've been asked to actually volunteer on Wednesdays in future so will see what tomorrow brings.  I came home with fabric for two aprons to be made for clients in the pottery room who are a little messier than onthers.  Not yet made, but will try and get them done during this next week.  Went to pick up the caravan from a friend's place on Saturday, so that was another day gone as we didn't get home till well after 9pm.  I'm just wondering where the other days went, although I know that I've tided away the last bits and pieces and rearranged a few things too.
Cut the backing and batting for the baby quilt, which are now pinned to the rollers and will hopefully make a start on that on Thursday.  Also finished a small gift and picked fabrics for a new project.  Both of these things are the "secrets".  I think the rest of the time must have gone on the usual mundane housework.

We've just had a brief shower of rain, after another 30deg day and about 100 cockies are milling about and doing and awful lot of screeching.  They seem to come and fly around early morning and sunset each day, as we have the reserve over the road with a lot of native trees.  I'll try and get a photo one night.
Rang my friend Sue today to let her know we are settling in and she said she has her 45th wedding anniversary coming up next week.  Wow! We've known each other since we were 5 1/2.

Below are some photos of what I've mentioned above.

The caravan in its jungle free resting place.

Back of the little gift.  I'll be able to show it all at a later date.  I'll be finishing the hand sewing on this tonight.

The style of apron I'll be making, minus the pocket.

A selection of fabric for a "secret" project.  All will be revealed eventually.
Does anybody else out there sew whilst having DVD's playing away in the background.  I do and when they finish I wonder if I actually watched any of it, but that's just me.  Below are some of what I may have on.


Below is the pattern I'll be quilting on baby quilt.

This is a pattern by Patricia Ritter called Gummy Bears and I'm hoping it will show really well on back of quilt.
Well, that is my quick update for the week and hopefully, I'll get time over the next day or two for another one and also some sewing and maybe even gardening and baking.
Take care all.
Susan.

12 comments:

  1. I don't know where time goes, when I look back I can't see anything I've accomplished in the time, yet it's whizzed past. I enjoyed that Dales series with Adrian Edmonson, I enjoy watching programmes about places I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think times flies the older we get and in this day and age there is so much out there. I love anything to do with Yorkshire and am sorry that I've only two of the series of "The Dales Diary".

      Delete
  2. I listen to audio books while I sew. I love the black and white with red project coming up. Looking forward to seeing what it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose DVD's aren't so much different to audio books in the long run. You may get a surprise with above project!!!!

      Delete
  3. Just reading what you said about how you love Yorkshire, I love Australia, perhaps we should do a house swap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so dry and brown here at the moment Sue, I'm not sure you'd enjoy. I love hills and green, not the heat and no rain for months on end. BTW, if we did a house swap, we'd never actually meet?

      Delete
  4. I like the butterfly fabric! I watch iplayer when I can to catch up on some programs, usually while doing the ironing(so boring!) At the minute I am really liking the Call of the midwife, I bought the 1st and 2nd series as I had missed them, so when the time permits I love to watch an episode!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also quite often iron whilst catching up on recorded TV. Never seen Call of the Midwife, but believe it's good.

      Delete
  5. I love the gummy bears Susan. They make me smile. I'm so glad you're getting back into the groove. You must be relieved to be settled in now. Time for some living now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucie. It's good to be back quilting.

      Delete
  6. Hi Susan, I have just noticed that the comment I tried to leave on here the other day hasnt been posted. Not sure what I did wrong!!
    Anyway, you asked for my email address, well it's calam711@yahoo.co.uk
    Have a lovely weekend X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, I'll pop you an email tomorrow (Sunday).

      Delete