Monday 17 March 2014

WOE IS ME!!!!

It's not that bad really.  At 4.30pm today, I was sitting in the dentist's chair for about 1/2 an hour, having a  filling replaced.  Late yesterday, something didn't feel quite right, so I remarked, I thought I should make an appointment with a dentist.  This morning, whilst eating my toast, I realised there was something foreign in my mouth and lo and behold half my tooth had given way, so the dentist was a must.  My mouth is still quite numb, but I'm here blogging so all is OK.

On Saturday we spent a rather wet hour or so, in the Ballarat Botanical Gardens.  They are very nice and the begonias are out at the moment, both in the glasshouse and outside .  Below are some photos of the afternoon.

The glasshouse.

I think this is a begonia, although I've not seen one like it before.

Absolutely stunning hot house varieties.
Hanging baskets.

Lovely single begonias.

One of many statues throughout the gardens.

The rotunda.

The sort of beds I would love, although we'd have to pay for the water we use to keep them looking like this.

Hardy begonias growing outside.

Can you imagine this wisteria in full bloom in spring?
Just some of the photos I took on Saturday afternoon.

Talking of today, it wasn't very bad really.  Before I went to the dentist I visited Joy, from the blog "Days filled with Joy", to get her opinion on borders for my SECRET project.  Lucky for me, she thought they would be OK and I'm so glad I've got a quilty friend to share ideas and problems with.  Good on blogging.  I can't wait to be able to post about the project.

Sunday was also a day out and I'll post about that tomorrow, as it's really past my bedtime now.
Take care all.
Susan.

5 comments:

  1. Your unknown begonia looks like Firecracker, a variety I once bought but it didn't come back the following year, it can't like our winter. Glad to hear you got your tooth sorted out before it started giving you any pain, better to be safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at the dentist last week for a filling! Lovely photos of the begonias.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you got your tooth sorted before toothache set in. That glasshouse looks interesting, and the flowers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dentists....not my favourites I have to say Susan but a necessary evil in my book! Lots of lovely blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, this is an omen ... yesterday afternoon I lost part of an old filling. I would rather stand in the street in my underclothes than visit a dentist but I guess I have no choice now ... Hope you are fully recovered from your own visit to the dentist.

    ReplyDelete