Wednesday 1 February 2017

HEARTATHON DAY 2

Linking up with I live, I love, I craft, I am me.

Quick one today, as it is Committee Meeting tonight.

My dressing table.
Notice the heart shaped mirror?  I bought this whilst we were living in Tasmania.
We'd only been there a matter of weeks & I spotted it in a secondhand furniture shop called "Boomerang Furniture".  We were sat at a set of traffic lights & I couldn't take my eyes off it.  I walked to the shop in my lunch hour one day & was told I could actually lay-bye it and pay over a few months.  I was delighted as I'd seen one similar, but in different timber for double the price.  I've had it since 1987 & still love it.  This photo was taken in another house & the flowers are a lovely perfumed bunch of mock orange I'd picked.

And this is what I've been up to over the last couple of days.

These 2 little aprons will be off to DD's soon.  They were promised either last year or the year before (oh dear late as ever), & hope they will be used as their other ones I made are now way too small.

Best go & look forward to seeing what the others are posting for the heartathon.
Take care all & have a good day.
Susan.

9 comments:

  1. It is indeed a lovely heart mirror. Lucky you could buy it the way you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely find, lovely piece of furniture too :) I can 'smell' the mock orange, we used to have one and the scent is intoxicating :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful dresser, I love the little cupboards each side of the main mirror. How lovely that it has been part of your life for 30 years.

    I remember years ago when shops would 'lay something by' and you would pay for it a week at a time; now you can have it immediately and be in debt to a credit company . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely dresser. I think vintage furniture is beautiful. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice mirror, I haven't noticed it before... Love the aprons! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely mirror and a great heart too! The aprons are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely mirror. I love the name of the second hand shop - Boomerang Furniture - how apt. Aprons are lovely too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely mirror. I love the name of the second hand shop - Boomerang Furniture - how apt. Aprons are lovely too. xx

    ReplyDelete