Friday 10 May 2013

BITS AND BOBS

A couple of my blogging buddies have had some unusual posts lately, which I've found quite interesting, so here are some fun things that I'm following on with.

 Old Knitting books with prices of 7d and 6d.  These were handed down to me from my Mum.
Two of the patterns from inside include a full length dressing gown, a vest and pair of knickers (panties).




Two very old books that I always loved.  The first  is very English about a little girl and the other about the Cocker Spaniel is probably why I love this breed so much.


 This Maple is beside the front verandah, outside our living room window.  When the sun shines through it first thing in the morning, it is lovely.


These two Maples are in our backyard and turn completely different colours to the one at the front.


A lovely Pierre de Ronsard rose sitting on my desk at the moment.


This is my lovely "Springer Spaniel".  Hubby made him from a car spring and other bits.  Isn't he great.

These are just because I've commented on other blogs and feel the need to follow on.
Have a lovely weekend and thank you for your lovely comments.
Susan.


6 comments:

  1. Ha, I love the Springer Spaniel, that's so cute. My mum had loads of old knitting patterns but she gave them all to the charity shop when she moved house a couple of years ago. She also gave the charity shop all the Christmas decorations which I remember from my childhood, I was so upset.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose sometimes we don't realise a tidy up can have these consequences and especially now with "Vintage" being in vogue. It is nice to have some childhood memories though.

      Delete
  2. I *love* the springer spaniel. It's brilliant! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have found a few old pattern books in charity shops, some I may never make anything from, just like them. The dog is great, my brother is a sculptor in London and uses unused items to build his pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pattern books are great, they are like mini pieces of social history. And that rose on your desk is stunning as is that maple tree. What glorious colour!

    The Telegraph is mainly a print paper but has a website too - the link I put on should take you to the article in the property section. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Gillian I did see it, but just noticed all those ads for Melbourne and wondered if it was an Australian paper.

      Delete