Thursday 2 May 2013

THEY ARE FINISHED.

A quick photo of the two items I was making.  Also, picked up the DVD I spoke of in a post last week.

The pincushion was much harder than I thought, although using felt or fabric would probably have been better.  It came from an old "Homespun" magazine and is by Phillipa Morris, though I put my own touches on it.  It is quite fiddly.
The little fabric bin was from a magazine too, called Handmade.  I used some iron pellon, but think it maybe better with an iron-on stabilizer.  May give it a go again some time and see how that goes.





I will post again after our weekend away, although it looks like we are in for a rainy few days.  We do need it, so I am not complaining.  With only half our average rainfall for the year so far, it will be good for the farmers and our gardens.  It has also turned very cold with our night time temps down to 2deg and yesterday , it only got to 14.  We'll rug up.  Have a lovely weekend out there in blogland.
Susan.

4 comments:

  1. Well I would never have guessed what you were making from your previous clues! I enjoyed that TV series.

    Enjoy your trip away. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pincushion. It is so very "English Lady" and elegant.
    Have a good few days away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're lovely, I especially like the pin cushion. Our weather seems to be warming up as your's is cooling down, lovely and sunny here today, I hope it lasts in to the weekend. Have a wonderful trip, and I hope the weather improves for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word, the hat pincushion is fabulous. Well done! :o)

    ReplyDelete