Thursday 30 May 2013

PROCRASTINATION ON QUILTING. (2nd for Wednesday)

That "Dahlia" quilt I made all of five years ago, has sat waiting while I procrastinated over what to quilt on it.
The trouble was that I'd seen many, with very beautiful freehand feathers, flowers and stippling , which I knew that I couldn't even think, about let alone replicate, so it just sat there.  Then lo and behold I've seen two with allover patterns and they still looked beautiful, so this is what I am doing.  The pattern I've chosen came with my Statler and is Flower Swirl, by Designs by Deb.  One row has been done and I just had to take a photo. (not very good, I'll have to get better with this new camera).

Part of pattern.
Just after lunch, I went out to rake some of the leaves, actually lots and I quickly took some photos out there too.  On the weekend I will try and learn a bit more about my camera, as these aren't the best either, but here goes anyway.

A beautiful leaf blown in from next door's tree.



Nerines coming into flower.

The weeping cherry hanging onto it's leaves.

One forget-me-not already in flower.  Most are still tiny seedlings.
I picked these bottlebrushes, which I hadn't noticed till today.

3 comments:

  1. There's such a lot to learn with DSLR's, I don't think I'll ever get my head around it, but I'll give it a go. I love your weeping cherry, such a lovely shape and gorgeous colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the weeping cherry - I can see a stylised version as an applique block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those bottle brush plants are fantastic! They really do look like bottle brushes. And such a vivid colour too. x

    ReplyDelete