Thursday 30 May 2013

TWO QUILTS GO FLYING!

The two quilts  below are probably now somewhere in the air between Oz and UK.


"Froggy Antics"
This little baby playmat/quilt is off to Essex to the daughter of  hubby's best friend who is expecting her first baby in July.  We stay with them when we are down that way on our holidays in UK.
The pattern is from Laurie Bevan's book  "Lickety-Split Quilts for Little Ones", on page 41.


"The Cat's Meow".
I have put this one on before, when I was ready to quilt it.
It was Pieced in 1999 as a mystery quilt from Traditonal Quiltworks magazine.
It was by Debbie Caffrey.
I finally quilted it this year so I could send it to one of my best friend's, sister and daughter as a gift.
It will reside in Yorkshire.

Now this is the one below that I hopefully will start to quilt today.
I made it in a class in 2008 that I was asked to go to by two different people as they were doing it too.
I quilted one of the other ones, but never got around to my own.  I am going to do it in an allover pattern,
and hope it will look ok.  One of the ladies that asked me to go, has a long arm too, and did an allover pattern and now Lucie the Happy Quilter is doing a Lone Star with an allover and it looks lovely, so here's hoping mine will look good.


Dahlia Quilt.
Well, that is just a quick post for today and thanks to all my blogging buddies for lots of inspiration on their posts. 
Susan. 

3 comments:

  1. Isn't Froggy Antics cute! Beautiful binding on that too.

    I LOVE the Dahlia Quilt - I bet you could do it in creams and yellows too - or oranges. No - that would be too much, I think. Maybe I will progress to this sort of complex piecing in the future. A lone star is in my wish list too!

    I'd do an all over quilting too, as I don't think any part of it needs any extra emphasis. Although what would it look like with quilting from the centre radiating out, and a stipple on the cream background (if you see what I mean)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hazel, and yes it would look good with custom quilting, but I have so many quilts yet to "quilt", I think easy with some may make me feel I am achieving something. Lots of unfinished stuff is bugging me right now.

      Delete
  2. These are both beautiful, Susan. :o)

    ReplyDelete