Saturday 8 June 2013

A COLD SATURDAY

Today started out frosty, so I decided to get my Grandson "L"'s quilt onto the machine and get at least a few rows done.  Well, I did the whole thing, so below is the progress from start to finish.  We will take it over next Saturday and my daughter will put the binding on.

On the machine.

Little cars and loops.  It was a pattern from "Designs by Vickie and called Cars Bug. 

Off the machine.
On Friday I went out to the garden to see if there were any flowers for the house.  I managed to find a few bits that hadn't been flattened by the heavy rain we had earlier.

Said flowers, 1 nerine, 1 camellia, 1 spray of alstroemaria.

They are sitting on my old treadle sewing machine and above is my quartet of Leeds watercolours.
On Wednesday after an afternoon appointment, I arrived home to find a small parcel on the doorstep.  Inside I found this lovely tea towel, sent by my penfriend "G" from Yorkshire.  She and her husband had been showing their jeep at Beningborough Hall and she spied this and thought of me.  Wasn't that lovely.

My lovely tea towel blowing in the wind.
Not a lot else has happened this week, so I will now go and work on some designs for A is applique and the Xmas Quiltalong.
Enjoy your weekend bloggers.
Susan.

13 comments:

  1. The quilt is fabulous, your grandson is going to love it. How lovely of your penfriend to think of you, it's a pretty teatowel showing all the Yorkshire sights, I'm sure it will be given pride of place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love the car quilt! What a fun design! Nice of your friend to send you a Yorks tea towel - pretty and practical, I like that!

    Look forward to seeing your Christmas Challenge stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you have decided to have a go at "A" is for Applique. It's going to be fun. I love the quilting design you used on Grandson L's quilt. I'm sure he's going to love it. It's amazing how much children appreciate the quilts we make them. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. L's quilt is sweet. He'll have fun checking out the autos. We had heavy rain here, too, but the sun came out this afternoon and now it's pretty nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quilt is adorable. I bet your grandson will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a treasure for your grandson! Great job on that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the car quilt! My family has a little one whose first word was CAR.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The car quilt is just adorable, Susan. The quilting design is perfect for it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much to everyone on their kind words about the quilt, but please, most of the credit goes to my dear daughter who made the quilt and I just quilted it. Lots of the vehicles are from my scraps though, and little "L" and "M" had fun choosing them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the car quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely quilt for your grandson , little boys love cars but then so do big boys !

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the boys quilt is absolutely gorgeous Susan.Very clever.X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your daughter is as talented as you when it comes to quilting! What a lovely surprise to open that parcel from your friend. Lovely flowers you found in your garden, especially that camellia. x

    ReplyDelete