Wednesday 12 June 2013

CAFFEINE FREE 24 HOURS

At 10 o'clock I will have my last coffee until tomorrow, after a medical test.  No tea of coffee allowed for 24 hours and although I usually only have 1 coffee per day, tea for brekky and lunch, then either ginger or peppermint in the afternoon and chamomile at teatime, I must not have any, as they might contain caffeine.
I've picked a couple of lemons and will have hot lemon & honey to get me through.  At least I can have a bowl of porridge and juice for breakfast.  Luckily I drink plenty of water through the day anyway.
Now, what have I been up to this week.  Not a lot, but with the Christmas Quiltalong challenge (no red or green allowed)  underway and somebody joking about purple and orange, it got me thinking.

I've pulled this lot from both my stash and scraps, and an idea is brewing.  Something might be revealed next month.

Unusual choice?
I had thought I could cheat a little when I first knew that the CQA was happening again this year, until I saw the rules.
No red or green, so no cheating.  While working on last years CQA, I also made this little quilt that I designed to use the pink bauble fabric.  Not quilted yet, but it is definitely on the green side.

Criss-cross Xmas Geese.

Hopefully today, I may piece some leftover backing strips together and put them on the machine then lay out the many table runners I have made over the years and quilt them all at once.  It is an idea I got from Bilbo.
Some were made just because and others to try out an idea.  One was made from a design I saw on a "Fish & Chip Shop" floor.  I sketched it on a napkin, then worked it out when we got back to the caravan.  We were away on holiday, so ideas pop up in the most unusual places.  Once they are done I will post and show what I quilted on each one.



Above are the said table runners, mats and maybe a cushion cover.
Well, that's all for today as I think maybe I should take it easy until tomorrow has been and gone.
I'm off for that coffee and biscuit.  Have a lovely rest of week.
Susan.

5 comments:

  1. Those purples are fabulous - looking forward to next month to see what you turn them into for the Christmas QAL.

    I love your various runners - they are going to make a lovely 'miscellaneous' quilt!

    Hope your medical test goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I expect your caffeine-free time is over now, I hope the tests went well.

    I had a chuckle about your Christmas challenge attempt to cheat, but the fabrics you've pulled out look wonderful, I can't wait to see what they're going to become.

    Your runners are also looking great. It is a great idea of Bilbo's to quilt several at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Susan,
    I love all those table runners/little quilt tops you've made. I'm looking forward to seeing what you will piece using that fab selection of fabrics. How exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No caffeine? I do love my cups of coffee, where would I be without them? Hope you are ok.
    Your quilting is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you've been busy.

    LOVE the left-hand table runner in your last photo. I once saw that block in a tiny advert in an Australian machine and made an entire quilt out of it!

    Your purple selection of fabrics for the CQAL are lovely.

    ReplyDelete