Saturday 29 June 2013

ANOTHER WEEK GONE.

My photos are jumping all over the place so this will have to be how they are.  Below are 2 little rubber beasties I bought for the grandkids at the Outlet shop (see below)  You jiggle them up and down and a little light flashes on and off. Just a bit of fun I couldn't resist.



I haven't been completely idle this week, but certainly haven't got much done except the first row on this quilt which I hope to finish off tomorrow (Sunday).
                                                                  GARDEN PHOTOS.


Spiderweb taken by hubby whilst I was out.

Bulbs appearing and violets.

An azalea braving the cold.

Nerines

Alstroemaria has become leafy again and has a few flowers.

One lonely bergenia flower.


Pieris with plenty of buds.
Where on earth has this week gone.  I'ts been frosty most mornings and cold all day, so again not much in the way of photos, although I popped outside today and took some in the garden.
At midday, today (Saturday) I took this photo from the front verandah.  The fog lifted a little by 3pm and as I start to draft this it is clouding over again.

Foggy view.  Notice that we can't see the hospital.

FRIDAY.

Hubby had Friday off and we were supposed to see a financial  advisor, but he postponed the appointment, and we decided on the spur of the moment to have a day out to Ballarat to go to  the Shepp Cannery Outlet to stock up on some tinned items.  On the way I stopped by Mill Rose Cottage in Ballan for a quilt fabric fix.  It is a lovely light and airy shop with an amazing amount of fabric.  I did buy a few pieces.
After lunch we went to the Outlet, then Hubby wondered if Gail had rebuilt her shop after a devastating fire a couple of years ago.


The shop with house above.
This is the beautiful stone shop and house Gail and her husband built many years ago and have now rebuilt after the fire.  I have known Gail since 1986 when we lived in the Ballarat area.  We only spent 18 months there before moving to Tasmania for some years, but I used to catch up with her if we were on holiday and near the area.  She started her shop in the garage of her older home and had a board on top of the billiard table and a wall of bookshelves to hold the fabric.
Yesterday when we visited, and I must admit I'd not seen her for some time, and she looked up and exclaimed "OMG"  and gave me a great big bear hug, and then we probably chatted for about 30mins before I went off and bought 3 pieces of fabric and she got on with some other customers.  It was a lovely day all up.

Sign on front fence.

Well that was my week and this coming week looks like it will be busy again, so hopefully once some of the appointments we have with financial advisors, doctors, blood tests and the osteopath are over, I may get back to normal.
Thanks ladies for your comments and hopefully your weekend weather is a little brighter and warmer than ours.
Susan.

8 comments:

  1. Your weather looks worse than ours. How lovely to catch up with an old friend, especially one with a fabric shop. Such a shame that she's had to build it up again after a fire though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least it is winter over here, so suppose the weather is ok for that time of year.

      Delete
  2. How nice to have a friend who owns a fabric shop - or maybe it's dangerous? It would be in my case! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is dangerous, but it is on the other side of Melbourne if you look at a map of Victoria. We are on the eastern side, 100kms east of the city, so don't get across very often.

      Delete
  3. I bet is was fun to cancel the boring appointment and go on a nice day out instead. A friend with a fabric shop...that could be expensive! I hope you are well. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely garden you have. Fantastic quilt loaded in your quilting frame, nice variety of colours and great blocks. I love seeing what others are quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you are making me homesick!! We used to live in Ballan, before the Mill Rose Cottage was there, thankfully, lol! I'd spend to much if we still lived there - their fabrics are just gorgeous. We also went to see Gail when we were home in Feb, so good to see it all rebuilt... xxx

    ReplyDelete