Sunday 2 June 2013

A QUIET BUT REWARDING SUNDAY.














The weather has been varied today with cloud, sunshine and rain, so we were able to get a couple of jobs 
done.

The  cover for  my mixer is finally made.  Very simple, but at least done.
As it is the beginning of the month, time to put up a different wall hanging in the entry.
Twist and Turn.
This quilt was made in 1998 from a pattern in McCalls Quilting, Dec, 1995  by Mary Jobe Mason.

My little pincushion, made some years ago and sitting atop a cotton reel from the "Stott Bobbin Mill" in Cumbria.
We had a lovely day there on a guided tour and being the only tourists we had special attention and I came away with this little bobbin.




This is my rather untidy looking sewing corner.  Below is another view and as you can see, my cutting table is rather too low and gives a lot of back pain  these days.


Hubby busy working on my new cutting table.  Below  is as far as we got today.  Tomorrow we will get the top and order some Laminex.  He has Monday off this week, as well as today.


That is our weekend done and hopefully everyone has had a pleasant one too.


8 comments:

  1. Susan
    I love your Twist and Turn wall hanging. There will be no more back ache once you new cutting table is sorted. You'll probably be even more productive! It's been a brilliant day in happy longarm quilter land too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your new cutting table solves your backache. What a wonderful sewing space you have! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a bobbin like that somewhere! I need to dig it out and make it into a pincushion! What a brilliant idea! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies. The pincushion photo is thanks to Anne, from Frayed at the Edge and Meredithe at Pomegranate and Chintz. The one in Anne's photo was a gift from Meredithe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like having quiet days at the weekend when I'm able to just potter. I love the fabric you've used for your mixer cover, it's so pretty. I'm sure your new cutting table will help with the backache.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopefully the new cutting table will sort out the backache!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I have been AWOL for a while. Hope to catch up properly soon :}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bilbo, I've been watching my side bar to see when you post as I don't look at anything unless a new date comes up as I haven't time to spare.

      Delete