Wednesday 19 June 2013

MOTIVATION

I wasn't going to mention any of this on my blog, but after reading Lucy at Attic 24's post this morning, I will tell that all went well with my heart test and the pain I've had in my chest area for the last twelve months or so, is more than likely referred pain from my back and anxiety.  Funny how we all try so hard to look like we are doing great, but may be struggling with something.  I just need to get some motivation back and definitely some energy.  I do manage to get things done, but the steep slope of our garden means that is something taking a back seat and then I feel guilty, so we are going to downsize to a smaller, flatter block and I am also going to declutter.  I'll take it in small doses so I can still do some crafting and as I work from home on other people's quilts, that will still have to be done.  Watch this space as we try and achieve this.

Now for what I've been up to this last week.
We delivered Gs "L"s quilt on Saturday and he loved it.  Daughter loved it too and now has to bind it.

On Thursday night  Daughter is going to teach some crocheting.  Her church is holding a "Knitting Night" and some said they would love to learn to crochet and as she is very good at it, she offered her services.
Below are some samples she made up.


Another thing we did whilst I was there, was to make this little felt bird (unfinished as yet).  We decided that it was awfully fiddly and very small.  Daughter's was bright pink.  I have photographed it beside my rotary cutter so you could gauge the size.

Little Bird.
Lastly, the customer's quilt that has just come off the machine.  Very simple with some hand appliqued sheep.  She loves to do naive type quilts and struggles with triangles and measurements.  She also loves all-over patterns best, so that is easy for me too.

Sheepish Quilt.

Japonica quilt pattern from Kerryn Emerson.
That's about all for now.  I will post again later in the week hopefully with what I am doing next and try not to be so painful.  Thanks for all my lovely comments and well wishes.

14 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that the test went well. It can be a struggle to keep on top of things, my mum and dad downsized a couple of years ago, they moved from the family home where we all grew up to an apartment and they have hardly any upkeep now, they're really pleased that they took the plunge and moved. How lovely to craft with your daughter. My mum used to knit but doesn't anymore, but Eleanor and I spend a bit of crafting time together sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, and it is lovely to have a crafty daughter.

      Delete
  2. I am glad you received relatively good health news. Your little bird is so sweet. Lovely quilting on the sheep quilt. I like the design of that. Hope all goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna, I must get that little bird finished before I start on my first block for QAL.

      Delete
  3. You must be relieved regarding your health problems. I think motivation will come in good time. You're on the road to recovery and taking control now.
    I love the little blue bird and I'm impressed with your daughter's crochet effort, especially the heart bunting. It's always nice to see what others have been working on.
    Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucie, and yes I'm also impressed by my daughter's efforts.

      Delete
  4. I bet you were very relieved at the test results, Susan. I hope downsizing goes well for you. The wee bird is so cute. Well done! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, but I bet it is a while before we get the downsize thought about properly.

      Delete
  5. I'm glad the test went well. I find having a good declutter to be very theraputic ...... it can really make you feel better noot having the constant thought that you ought to be doing/making/using so much stuff.
    Love the sheepie quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, I'm hoping the declutter will make me feel better, even if it takes time.

      Delete
  6. It will do you a power of good to downsize, you may have more time to rest up and do what you really want to do. Your quilt is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, I'm glad you like the quilt, but I only quilted it. A friend made it.

      Delete
  7. I'm glad your test went ok. Like you say, we are all struggling with our own issues behind the scenes and sometimes that's not reflected on our blogs. How nice that you can sit and craft with your daughter, I bet that was fun. x

    ReplyDelete