Saturday 1 June 2013

COUNTRY CHARMER UPDATE

Today was very wet, but not too cold, so after the morning housework was done, I decided to spend some time in the studio.

As this is the first weekend of the month, I thought I would finish the piecing of my Country Charmer table runner.  Smaller than the others are doing, I am still quite pleased with it.  This is a pattern by Lynn at Sewn Wild Oaks blog.
Secondly, the Dahlia quilt on the machine is now done and awaiting binding.  I can't seem to find any of the fabric in the quilt, so will have to maybe buy something that will go.  I have named it Tickle me Pink, as after I had done the first row of quilting, I said I was tickled pink with it.


Country Charmer table runner.

"Tickle me Pink"

Closeup of quilt pattern.
Yesterday, while raking up leaves (once again), I noticed the many colours of one particular maple, so picked them up and brought them inside to photograph.  Aren't they lovely.  I am trying to press them and hope to do a small picture later this winter.

Maple leaves.
During the afternoon, an ambulance helicopter flew into the hospital and as we live so close, they pass right over our house sometimes, so I tried to get a photo as it was leaving.  Not too sure that it is any good, but here goes.
Helicopter with hospital in background.
My Saturday has been reasonably productive. so with hubby actually home tomorrow I'm not sure what we are doing.
Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

10 comments:

  1. I love the Tickle Me Pink quilt, it reminds me of a water lily. The colours of the Maple leaves are fantastic. How lovely to think of pressing them, they'll make a gorgeous picture. It's early afternoon here and I've been left alone whilst the rest of the family head off to cricket, Mick and Daniel are playing and Eleanor is scoring, so I'm catching up on some blog reading and having a lazy afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, hope cricket match went well and you had a relaxing afternoon. I am a great cricket fan as my Dad played when I was little and we always listened/watched it the whole time I was growing up and even now I still follow it. You can imagine what it is like in this household when England are playing Australia.

      Delete
  2. Your Country Charmer is great, and the Dahlia is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, how's your Country Charmer coming along?

      Delete
  3. Your Dahlia looks fantastic. I know what a dilemma it can be to choose a quilting design. In this case you chose just right. I love the Country Charm table runner. Doesn't it feel great to finish up UFOs? I put some leaves away last autumn and haven't done anything with them yet. I could probably use them for applique templates! I hope you're enjoying the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Susan, thank your for your last few comments on my blog. Its lovely to know that someone has taken the trouble to comment. I wonder how do I follow your blog though? I cant see anything to click on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure whether you will get this Anne. I don't know how the whole blog thing works, or how my blogging friends actually get into it. My blog is on a couple of others under Granny Smith's Quilting so that may help. We'll work it out.

      Delete
  5. Your Tickle Me Pink quilt is lovely. It reminds me of one of those spirograph drawings I used to do as a child.

    The colours in those maple leaves are stunning, they would look great pressed. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillian and yes it does look like a spirograph.

      Delete