Saturday 17 January 2015

ANOTHER YEAR GONE!

BLOGIVERSARY TWO.

I can't believe that it is now two years ago, that I got my first post to work, after 8 months of a very steep learning curve by this technophobe.  Is that spelt right?  I have made so many wonderful friends along the way, that I'm glad I persevered.  I plan to finish up one of my WIP's and turn it into a small gift open to  anyone that comments between now and early February. I will draw a name the same as I did last year, by hubby picking one from a basket.   As I'm working on that "big" challenge, I'm just a little pushed for time, but I will do it.

CHALLENGE CATCHUP.

I have finished another corner and now sewn two corners to one centre piece and depapered the longer centrepiece and darling hubby took a photo for me of them laying together, as I'm just not tall enough to get it all in.



I am not looking forward to sewing the longer piece to each of the sides, because if anyone looks closely, a lot of my points just aren't meeting very well, but some of them are nine points coming together and I've decided that they will have to stay, otherwise I'll put it away again and it will never get done.  It is currently sitting on the quilting room floor and will stay there till it turns into a flimsy.
This is the last corner waiting to be done,  It just needs the joining pieces between the stars and the outer sections.

Last corner section awaiting its turn.
I've just remembered to tell where this pattern came from and next challenge post I'll show a picture of the original.  Many years ago, there was a magazine called "Quilts with Style"  which I purchased for a couple of years and the last one published was Nov/Dec 2007.  My star quilt was in 6 issues from 2006 and called Diamond Jubilee.

ANOTHER SUBJECT ALTOGETHER.

I met my hubby in 1975, which makes it 40 years that we've been together this year. Married 40 in 2017.  We've never had many photos taken of the two of us, as it is usually one of us with the camera, but here are two that I've found many years apart.  How times and fashions change.

We worked out that this must have been taken in the summer of 1978/79.
Many years later.

This one has a date and taken at the Gildersome Arms on our UK trip in 2009.
I've nothing more recent than that, but we've not changed much since then anyway.  Thought it may make people smile.


THOUGHTFULLNESS.

Does anyone else out there stress to the extreme?  I'm afraid I do, but this little blog has helped me in so many ways.  My biggest problem at the moment is my wonderful "Bubs".  I've not touched her since the week before Xmas, when I did a quilt in a hurry for a customer which didn't go as planned and now I've lost all my oomf as to get her started up and finishing some of my own, plus another customers.  How do others sort themselves out when this type of thing happens?  I need to use her, otherwise it is like starting all over again and I just don't need that at the moment.  Enough of my silliness.

 A COUPLE OF PHOTOS THAT MAKE ME SMILE.

An old mine working at the bottom of my penfriend B's village.

B and I discussing "something" at Port Isaac.

Whitby Abbey, which I love.

Saltaire Mill where I bought my baby harp.  You can see the allotments in the foreground.


Bingley Fiverise.
As seen from the date these are some from 2009 trip.

Enough from me today and I've a few thoughts for posts next week and want to run a challenge by, to see if anyone would like to join in.  It won't be anything too taxing and not have an exact time limit, so now I'll leave you wondering.
Don't forget to comment and for those who follow and don't have blogs, you can email and you will go into the draw as well.
Have a great weekend wherever you may be and take care.
Huggles, Susan.


10 comments:

  1. Not commenting for the gift, but I can't wait to see how you are going to quilt this quilt, and you will have to turn that machine on to do it!! Lots of new stuff coming with CS6! Show and tell for March maybe??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your anniversary, how time has sped by. What a great post - in awe of that quilt top! Love the photos of you and K. Congrats on 40 years.

    I too have completely lost my longarm 'oomph' and haven't touched my machine for much longer than you. I try not to stress it - life has been full of other things, and when the time is right I will quilt up a storm. I have learned that, for me, this is one of those things I have to let happen when it happens. If you try and force what is essentially a creative process it usually goes badly. :}

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: yours is the second blog this week where I have seen Port Isaac mentioned. We used to go there on holiday when I was very small. I wonder what the Universe is trying to tell me (other than it is now a VERY long way from Cumbria!)

    PPS: do I get two entries into your challenge for two comments, ha ha ha ha {{sorry}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pics of you and your hubby. Your quilt looks like it is coming along beautifully. We lived in Southern Arizona years ago, and the colors in your quilt remind me of there. Hope you have a good weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy blogiversary, time does fly when you're having fun. Your quilt is coming along beautifully, it's going to be a stunner. Love the photos of you and hubby, you haven't changed a bit, either of you. It's our silver wedding anniversary in July but it doesn't seem two minutes since we met.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Second Anniversary! I am in awe of your quilting skills. I hope to learn some basic skills once I finish work in the summer. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and your husband are a lovely couple and you've aged well. Your star quilt is amazing. It looks complicated, but interesting. You definitely want to get it finished. And yes, I stress over things, but I'm making myself step back and not adopt any deadlines. I definitely had enough of those when I worked full time. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Blogaversary and well done you for getting over your computer learning curve and writing this lovely blog! Your quilt is coming along beautifully isn't it! I can see that there is so much work in this, it is amazing. Lovely to see your photos from your travels too, it is nice to look back on these things isn't it. I am a big stresser, but have learned to try and just put things behind me and move on. Not that I am always able to do that! My mantra is "let it go" and it really does help! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy blogiversary. Your quilt is just awesome, I love it. As to the LA problem, I would agree with Jayne, to force it would be a big mistake (you could try asking me how I know that) and one day you'll just find that your oomph has returned all on its own I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 2nd Blogiversary! Time flies when you are having fun and meeting new friends, right? Your quilt is turning out sooooooo beautifully! Can't wait to see it finished xxx

    ReplyDelete