Wednesday 21 January 2015

THE ODD BUNCH

This just a quick post with an assortment of photos.
I've had to put my challenge quilt aside for this week, but it will be out again next week.  We've had a strange week, with me not really getting much done except housework. First our printer died and we had to get a new one, which I will have to fathom out, as it is a different breed.
Today we took a trip to Melbourne so I could purchase a book on pyrography, but when we got there, they'd sold both copies earlier in the morning, so now it's on order.  That is the sort of week we've had.

PHOTOS

Do you think there is a theme going on here?  The thermos was purchased on our trip in 2011, came home with us, went back last time and came back to Oz again.  We use it a lot.  I've shown the dog before which was a birthday gift for me from my grandkids in Canberra as was the little tin filled with shortbread for Xmas last year.

The moon one morning in an exceptionally clear blue sky.

I noticed this reflection one afternoon from our third bedroom.  They are the two rose bushes beside the house reflected in the shed window.
TWO MORE FROM UK TRIP

A stile.  I do love the variety we've seen over the years.

A narrowboat being lowered into the water at Stanley Ferry.  It was an awesome sight.
Now the last photo is the reason why I've taken a break from the challenge quilt.

This is the customer quilt that has been waiting.  Yesterday I loaded the backing and batting onto the machine and tomorrow I will iron the top, put it on and start quilting.  Once done I can get back to my own things.  I hopefully don't have any worries with this one as it is well made and square.
Not much for this post, but don't forget my give away and I'll close that on the 1st of February.
As it is still hot, although it is nearly 8.30pm, I'll pop off now and just watch some TV.  I really can't handsew or knit in this heat.
Take care and huggles, Susan.

15 comments:

  1. So, your hot, and we are freezing! Finally got some snow and its doing so as I type this. Kids were grumpy this morning as school is in, oh well maybe tomorrow. I like the picture of the stile, and your quilt looks lovely, did the customer picked the colors? When you describe the machine it sounds like a lot of work! Good luck with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gail. Actually not doing the quilt now as to lady changing her mind on how she wants it quilted so going back to my friend V to be done.

      Delete
  2. It will probably do you good having a rest from your challenge quilt, you'll return to it refreshed and raring to go. There's a stile at Bolton Abbey over a wall with a hole in the bottom of the wall for dogs to wriggle through, Archie wasn't keen though and had to be lifted over, daft dog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silly Archie. I've another photo of a stone stile, that I'll try and find and post.
      See reply above about that quilt. Lucky I'd not actually started it and quite easy to unpin the backing.

      Delete
  3. Your Union Jack items are cute, especially grouped together like that. Isn't that customer's quilt pretty?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna, and if you read above replies, you'll know what is happening to that quilt. It is a very nice quilt and I wouldn't have minded doing it and not stress too much, but maybe I knew she was going to change her mind again, as she'd already done it once.

      Delete
  4. Your quilt is gorgeous Susan you should be very proud of your work. I don't suppose we're ever happy are we we're either too hot or complaining that we're cold. We've had a little flurry of snow over night but it's not as cold this morning as it has been.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Mitzi, but that's not one of my quilts, but a customer who has now changed her mind and wants it custom quilted by my friend V, who had foot surgery and couldn't do it at the time, but now can so lucky I didn't get it started.

      Delete
  5. Snow here, but I prefer that to heat. What a shame you're not quilting that Lone Star quilt, I was really interested to see how you were going to do it since I have one waiting for me to get to it, once I've decided what I want to do on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad your cool, and I'm the same, I don't like heat. I was only going to do an allover on the quilt, but long story about it and I'm not sure how I'd have custom quilted it anyway. Lucky I hadn't started. Can't wait to see what you do on yours.

      Delete
  6. Lovely to see what you have been up to and catch up with your news. I hope the work on that quilt goes well. Your collection of flag items is great isn't it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. I've explained in above replies about that quilt.

      Delete
  7. Is it really too hot to sew or knit?! That sounds like it might be too hot for me, and I love hot weather. That photo of the style made me smile. Do you not have styles in Oz, or are they a British thing? xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Send us some of your heat! My feet are frozen!! Your quilt looks amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Three of our printers died at the same time... Cam managed to fix one, but we had to buy another color one... love the customer quilt, it will look great when you are done quilting it. xxx

    ReplyDelete