Sunday 25 January 2015

NOT MUCH!!

Well, luckily the week didn't get too much worse.  Of course, a few of you know that the customer quilt I showed was not to be quilted by me after all and thankfully, I'd only pinned on the backing and batting and not started it.  Customer had decided on custom quilting to be done by V now that she was on her feet again.
Took the customer quilt backing and batting from the machine and folded it all back up into bags, ready to return to my friend V.  She'd decided to meet us half way, then said that it would be in Ballan at Mill Rose Cottage (quilt shop).  This is definitely not half way, but a 20-30 minute drive for us and about 1 hour and 30 minutes for her, but as she'd heard wonderful things about it and never been, it was her excuse to meet there. Lo and behold, on Saturday morning I got a call to say, could we cancel that morning and make it Sunday.  Seems like our week was meant to be wacky. So this morning we set off and had coffee with V & B, handed over the bags and then  both made purchases at the shop (woops).  I may show what I bought later in the week.  Another baby quilt is needed, so I found something I thought was cute. That now makes 2 for this year.  I'd better get into full swing and get going.

FLOWERS IN THE HOUSE

Hebe and a foxglove in the sewing room.

On the dining table a vase of parsley flowers, pink achillea and elderberries.
I've not been completely idle this week, but usually have something easy on the go for times like this.
For many years I've been using a program called Quilt Wizard and have "lots" of designs on my laptop and occasionally go back to an old one and execute it.  Some blocks I played with back in 2008 and are starting to materialise.  They have been coloured in different ways and had various settings.  A sneak peek.




This quilt is to be called Country Casual, so should be able to show finished in a week or two.

Tomorrow here in Oz, it is Australia Day, so a long weekend holiday and hopefully I will be quilting D & R's quilt.  I have the backing and  batting on the machine ready to go, so that will be my midweek catchup and the challenge quilt will be out again to be worked on too.

On Friday morning I'd opened the curtains in the quilting room and found this on the floor.


I have a rack with some quilting rulers on it and the sun had caught the iridescent green one and made this tiny rainbow on the carpet.  Maybe a sign for a good week ahead.

On that note I'm off to relax, knit and watch some cricket, before retiring.
Take care and huggles,
Susan.

10 comments:

  1. How lovely to have a long weekend, our next one is Easter, though there's half term in February but Daniel doesn't get any time off for that now that he's at uni. I love your flower displays, especially the hebe and foxglove. Fingers crossed that your rainbow does indeed forecast a good week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a bit late answering these, but thanks for the compliments.

      Delete
  2. Yes, see your prism rainbow as a good sign :) I miss not having any flowers in the garden to pick - they are still hibernating! Have a lovely week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I must admit I always try to have at least one vase of something from my garden in the house.

      Delete
  3. Happy Australia Day!! Glad you had a nice time meeting up with your friend and getting to do some shopping too, that sounds like fun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky escape with the customer quilt, you've reminded me how glad I am that I no longer have to worry about other people's quilt tops :}

    I used to have some prisms hanging in the windows of my old sewing room and they threw rainbows around the room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stress with customer quilts does me in, although in Warragul it wasn't quite as bad as I new most of them personally. I even taught a few.

      Delete
  5. Your flowers always look so pretty. I like your blocks and the fabrics you are using.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna. My vices in life are fabric, flowers and books. Is that OK? I hope so.

      Delete