Friday 13 December 2013

LAST SUNDAY

On Sunday last week we headed off to Yarragon,  a small village about 10 minutes east of Warragul to attend a general auction where I had a few items of furniture and some pieces of china for sale.  We stayed for a short while, wandered down to the park and ate our lunch, stayed for another hour, but as a few of my items were to go near the end, we left and headed for the hills.  Still not sure how I went with the sale, but hopefully we'll have made a little money.
Now for some photos.

Steam train in the park where we ate our lunch.

Some lovely old cars on display at the Darnum Village Hall.  Not sure what it was as most had already left.

A view of the Strezlecki Hills from the Darnum Musical Village.

Views from the above hills to the north.  Somewhere in the distance is Warragul.

Mailboxes on a side road.  I love  roadside mailboxes, and sometimes there are only a couple and other times there may be 15 or 16.  I nearly always forget to take photos or we can't stop because there is nowhere to park for a photo shot.

The first cherry tomatoes from the self seeded plants.  I also made some chocolate crackles which I've not done for ages.
Just a short post of what I got up to last weekend.
I do believe this weekend is the Xmas QAL and I've nothing to show as it is all packed away and I'm afraid I've not progressed since the  last photo of my project anyway.  I may post something about quilting, but not related to the QAL.  It will be a little bit of fun before Xmas about a subject a couple of people have enquired about.
All for now and take care.
Susan.

3 comments:

  1. My husband would have loved to see the steam engine!

    As for the QAL, why not post the picture you showed before, after all, the rules don't say "finished" and in fact the post I did this week actually says you can link, finished or not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a lovely day out. It's a while since I've made chocolate crispie buns too, I may have to make some now. Hope you did well with the sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you did well at the auction

    ReplyDelete