Thursday 26 December 2013

QUIET CHRISTMAS

Hubby and I spent a very quiet Xmas day, as our children live far and wide (except 1 daughter who had to go to Sydney), and all were tied up this year with in-laws.  Travelling in the heat is not what we like anymore so we stayed put.

We made a picnic lunch and traveled up into the hills just behind Warragul and had our lunch at the Jindivik Cricket ground looking out over the wonderful view.  We had plenty of company -  "FLIES".  We walked over into the Community Garden, then came home via a friend's who had asked if we would like to stop in for afternoon tea.  Very, very quiet, which I'm not sure whether we've ever experienced before, but I suppose it happens at some stage in most people's lives.

Some photos below of our outing.


2 views from the fence over the cricket pitch and towards the practice nets..

Looking towards the clubhouse.

Community garden sign.
More photos of the gardens.

Flossie the cow.

Bootscooter.

A bird perched on the birdbath made from cutlery.

The outdoor gym (not a good photo) where we had a workout on  a couple of things.
I think I pulled a little tummy muscle as I've not been to the gym for about 18 months because of my back problems and hubby's legs were sore. (giggle).  How unfit are we. 
 When we move to Ballarat, I'm thinking of taking up archery, which I tried once and thoroughly enjoyed and it is supposed to be good for your posture, so helps strengthen your back muscles.  We also hope to do a lot more walking amongst other things.


The garden also had plenty of colour.
We stopped at Tarago Reservoir and had a wander, then took a scenic route to my friend J's so I could take a photo of these two beauties (below 2nd photo).

Tarago Reservoir.

CAMELS.
I'll leave it there for today and will be back tomorrow with a very different post.  I am going to try and show something I've not tried to do on my blog before, so hopefully you'll not think I've gone mad.
Hope everyone has a good Boxing Day.
Take care.
Susan.

6 comments:

  1. A quiet Christmas is not such a bad thing, and the scenery looks so green, such a contrast from here in December. Looking forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is still very green here Judy, but it won't last long if we get more heat as in Saturday, then next week again. I know Ballarat is going to be a little different.

      Delete
  2. I think your new home is going to be a wonderful new chapter in your lives. Thank you for letting me have a private peep at it :}

    Archery sounds wonderful and will certainly work on your back and upper body muscles, go for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bilbo and yes I'm looking forward to trying a few new things.

      Delete
  3. Ours has been a quiet christmas too Susan, but a very enjoyable one. We facetimed the Aussie family after we got home from midnight mass and saw the grandchildrens newly opened toys and things. It was lovely just seeing them and my son took the ipad outside to show me glorious sunshine and blue skies! Hope you are well. Happy New Year too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That seems to be the theme, when families are scattered and hopefully your son's family enjoyed their "warm" Xmas.

      Delete