Friday 17 April 2020

5 ON FRIDAY - GRATITUDE .

Linking with the lovely Kate from I live, I love, I craft, I am me.  I know I have so much to be grateful for and am sure it will be much the same as many, but here goes.  Seems like living in our little cocoons at the moment is trying and I smile about moments like this............
1.  Nature....


When I find this little fella in the green waste bin & rescue him.  He quite willingly hopped onto my arm, scratched his tummy with his backleg, looked me in the face a few times and walked up & down my arm & onto my back.  DH went and got the camera & took this photo.  He's not a keen on insects, but I love them.

2.  Using my scraps for something useful.........
 2 little quilts all done & waiting till we can deliver them somewhere .

3.  Having a veg garden, even if not the best this season..............
Still have plenty of silver beet and the last of the tomatoes.  I'll give a couple of neighbours some more of the silver beet over the weekend.  We are reconsidering where to put the veg beds as this seems to get a lot more shade with the 2 trees in the corner so much larger now.

4.  Watching the seasons changing...............
Freesias appearing by the dozen in the rather neglected front garden & the birches above them turning golden, shedding their leaves, giving me plenty of raking with time to chill.  Plans afoot to make it a little prettier. soon.

5.  Having a husband who is thoughtful, handy & caring and children who are making sure we are doing the right thing, by keeping in touch regularly.

My lot for now and I'm off to ring my younger brother to make sure he is OK & abiding by the rules of the moment.  Hard when he doesn't understand as we do, but all seems to right for the moment.
Take care all, stay safe &  big hugs from down under.
Susan.

17 comments:

  1. Well done to rescue Mr Green. Some sort of Mantis? It's good we can all find somethings to be grateful for. Keep quilting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks M. Quilting will definitely be happening with winter coming on.

      Delete
  2. Lots to be thankful for :) I love the insect (I'm a big insect lover too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise. I thought you were very much a nature girl

      Delete
  3. Definitely lots to be grateful for. Hoping your brother is OK so you have no need to worry. Stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is often the small things that are important, lots to be grateful for, I agree with Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. Lots to be thankful for yes, and your inspiration to keep us all motivated.

      Delete
  5. Hi Susan ., Hope your brother is OK. Hope to catch up once the restrictions are lifted. sue :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. Will be great to catch up again.

      Delete
  6. A lovely five, great to save the insect who was obviously very grateful to you. Your quilts are lovely, stay safe:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A nice five you chose .... the quilts are stunning. I do love freesias, my favourite flower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. Most of the freesias the old fashioned perfumed ones.

      Delete
  8. Lovely choice of happiness and gratefulness. We are being well cared for by Kate and himself for which we are very thankful. Not left home for 4 weeks now. Thankful too that the weather is changing and we are able to be out in the garden. Keep well, stay safe. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks C. We've been nowhere except for milk or medication & our daily walks, weather permitting.

      Delete
  9. Loving the green insect, is it some kind of grasshopper? I don't think I would be brave enough to wear it though! The quilts look very pretty. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I think it is a grasshopper & he was fine, but the only thing I'm not sure about are big spiders. Everything else is OK.

      Delete