Sunday 5 April 2020

SEWING ON SUNDAY - 1.

Just a quick post, wondering if anyone would like to sew along with me on Sundays to make a small, very easy quilt.  It's just a thought.  I do believe there are lots of sewalongs on social media at the moment, but I've been going to do this for a long time.
I'll give a little glimpse of what I'm talking about.
I designed this on my Quilt Wizard program when I got it back in 2008 & it was the second I'd tried on it, which was a lot of trial & error.  I've never made this quilt myself, though I did pass the pattern on to someone and gave away a kit & pattern to a friend. 
I am using a Charm Pack my friend Joy gave me when I admired it.  Lovely to have quilty friends who are generous.😊
I've picked the lighter fabric for the sashing & lime green for the cornerstones.  The inner border & outer border will be chosen once I'm satisfied with the middle after it is sewn.  I am using all of this from my stash, especially as we can't go anywhere.
The charm pack had 48 5" squares of which I'll be using 25.
The sashing fabric uses 60cm.
The cornerstones uses 40cm.
The inner border needs 30cm & the outer border approximately 50cm.

OK, I'll be back next Sunday with another small post on how to start cutting & sewing the first installment.
Take care all, stay safe & huggles from Susan.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Susan. That sounds like a fun project and I will enjoy sewing along with you. I have a few charm packs in my stash and plenty of plain white cotton that I was planning to cut into charm squares. I will have a sort through my fabric stash this coming week and show you what I plan to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, I'm not good at sewing I'm afraid, my mother and teacher despaired of me so I'll pop back to see what you are sewing and good look with the project:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting, cant wait to see how the others get on trying to do this. Perhaps in the future its something I can have a go at.

    ReplyDelete