Wednesday 8 April 2020

CRAFTY MID-WEEK CATCHUP.

Just a couple of photos from what we've been trying to keep busy with.  Seems so weird, as we are retired & have plenty of time on our hands, but are finding it hard concentrating on anything.  We've spoken to a few friends via the phone & they are the same.  Anyway, I'm sure everyone has their own thoughts on our restrictions at the moment, so my posts are going to be all sorts in an ordinary way.

A recent quilt finish.
I think I showed this on the machine last month.  Binding done & now a fancyish photo shoot.(ha,ha).  I called this Second Helping due to recolouring it from the original I designed.
The fabrics I used were sitting waiting for "something" for a long time.  I play with my fabrics & put them together in little bundles.  This one began with the floral, then I found pink on white which my mother gave me loooooooooong time ago, which had the Tour de France as its theme.  Not the best photo, as the light was bad, but you should see what I'm talking about.  The colouring works, even if it is a strange combination.

Crochet.
Working on my Dahlia rug from Lucy of Attic 24.  It is so bright & cheery, easy & therapeutic is this lockdown.

DIY woodworking by Hubby.
Made from pallets and the old sink from our Car Clubrooms, when the new kitchen was installed.  It still needs finishing, but a lovely timber top to cover the second sink is in the making & we will paint it in a nice bright colour.  Somewhere for me to work without bending & hurting my back.

A bit of both of us in the next photo.
Occasionally I've been working on the lazy daisy butterfly which I' going to put in a hoop.  Hubby made the bowl, which when you push down it lays flat.  It is fascinating & something he'd wanted to try for a while.
That is just a little wrap up of what we've done.  Been walking most days, when the weather is fine & this morning I made a Mocha Yoghurt cake & a Golden Ginger slice to keep us going for the next week or two.  The mundane side of running the home is keeping us busy too. 
Hope everyone is well & staying as sane as can be.  Take care all, stay safe & huggles.
Susan.

8 comments:

  1. I was a bit naughty and ordered a few charm square packs and some new fabric for your quilt along. I think I am allowed a treat now and then. Love the bowl. It's a very long time since I turned anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, a parcel in the post is exciting at the moment with all the restrictions. I've never tried woodwork but hubby loves it. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Such lovely makes. The bowl looks fascinating, so clever. The colours in the blanket look right up your street, I know how much you love pink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. The bowl is clever & my rug is just so cheery at the moment.

      Delete
  3. That bowl is amazing. It sounds like you are keeping yourselves busy, your quilts are lovely and baking yummy cakes which sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. Got to try & stay busy, otherwise I'm going to lose it.

      Delete
  4. Your quilting skills are amazing Susan, that is so beautiful.
    Pretty and vibrant crochet.
    DH's skills in the woodworking are stunning, the bowl is an exciting thing.
    Have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you still posting Susan, thankyou

    ReplyDelete