Monday 12 December 2016

ADVENT CALENDAR 11th & 12th.

Wow, you could say I'm running a little late with this post.  We had a lovely day, on Sunday,  with members of our car club to celebrate Christmas and we had a little go at lawn bowls.  Not sure I'd get the hang of it and being strange old me, I had to see which hand I would use best.  Left it was.  Wonder why?  As a small child I was taught to use my right hand and not my "left", (I grew up in THAT era). so I do some things more easily with my left, if I wasn't told that I must use my right.  Enough, and onto my numbers.

DAY 12.

This was taken a couple of years ago in the Flinders Ranges, South Australia, whilst away with our caravan.  Notice there are actually 2 number 12's.


No crafting for the last 2 days, but I do have a short story to share.
I'm not sure whether we moved from where I first went to school in 1955 or 56, but this is my first school photo at Miranda Infants, where I was the new girl and was looked after by two girls, one of whom is still someone I keep in touch with today.  Over the years we had periods when we didn't hear from each other, but, somehow we find each other again.  I hope that we can actually meet up some time in the near future.  S follows my blog & sent me this quick email yesterday as a comment on the blog post of the 5th December, as follows....
"In your recent blog you show a photo of the little cookbook that came with your Mum’s fridge.
You used to take that chocolate fudge to school and I used to be sooooooo jealous.....ha ha has......"
I never realised she loved it so much.  Maybe I should take some up when we meet again.  We've known each other now for 60+ years.  Thank you so much S, for that friendship.


My class photo to go with the story above.  I am sitting on the bottom row, far left and my friend is in the same row, 5th from left.
DAY 11.
After Hubby got his scroll saw, I looked in a couple of woodworking books we had purchased some years back & spotted a number 11 on this page (I was getting desperate for this number) and then noticed the title beside it and had a good giggle, as I often think I'm getting lazy when I don't keep up to things as I should.



This is a short post today, as blogger is playing silly and won't let me do this the way I want, so I'm quitting now.
Have a lovely Tuesday all and I'll try and show something crafty tomorrow.
Huggles,  Susan.

6 comments:

  1. It's lovely that you're still in touch with your school friend, I love the school photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. It is good as we moved quite bit & I went to several schools.

      Delete
  2. A good selection of photos and stories :) I love the school picture - everyone in best bib and tucker for the photo:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hawthorn. Yes, it was sort of best bib & tucker as we always wore school uniform here in Oz, & from 1957 onwards our photos showed us in those uniforms.

      Delete
  3. Teachers favourites. 195613 December 2016 at 10:45

    Yep, still friends after all this time. I don't think uniform was compulsory at that young age. I have school photos of my bestie up to 1960 then she left me for other parts. My Mum still owns the house where we played dolls. Susan's mother was always baking. Mine was in the garden..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did play a lot of dolls and of course I know you remember Judy, my profile photo. Not sure if we got our dolls the same year as Judy will be 60 this Xmas. Your parents kept a gorgeous garden & I remember your Dad pretending to plant us(giggle).

      Delete