Saturday 3 December 2016

ADVENT CALENDAR 1st & 2nd.

I promised myself I would join in with Hawthorn and Julie for the Advent Calendar idea, and as per usual, I am running late.  I have been collecting numbers and craft ideas, so my first few will be double up days with 1 & 2 today and hopefully 3 & 4 tomorrow, then one each day (sigh).  Not sure though, if I'll have a craft for each day.  I may try one of Hawthorns and post that, but I'll give it a good go.

DAY 2.

Taken whilst walking around Fountains Abbey.  (UK trip 2016).
A small craft project that is both easy, practical and achievable.

Small bookmarks.
I used those 3 colour paint chip cards, glued some scrapbook paper to the back and left them to dry.
Next I cut the writing off, punched a hole through the top, threaded in some fine ribbon & decorated with stickers, stamping or if clever enough your own artwork and voila, an easy present.  Very post friendly too.  I've seen something similar on the i'net, but this is how I did it.

DAY 1.

I actually had another number 1 picked out, but looking through my photo archive for something else, happened on this from our trip in 2014 and realised I had the perfect 1.  Photo taken at the Car museum in the Lakes District.
I'm cheating on this craft bit, as I've shown it before, but not having been at home for the last week, nothing has been prepared.

A PAPER SNOWFLAKE.



I posted how to make the snowflake last December.  Hopefully you find it easy with my tutorial.  DD showed me how it was done & then I took photos of each step.  Enjoy!

My start to the festive season has begun.  Hope you come along with me and also Hawthorn, Julie, Jak, Lovely Lady and any others who are joining in.  Thank you lovely bloggers.
Have a great weekend all.  Take care,
Susan.

9 comments:

  1. Wow you have been a busy lady 😀 well done! I recognised the 'Nave 2' photo, I nearly used 'Refectory 1' from the same place!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hawthorn. Nice chatting just now and Fountains Abbey threw up a couple of numbers for me too. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely ideas. It doesn't seem a whole year since you showed us how to make snowflakes, does it? This year's gone by so fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo & yes it has certainly flown by. I can't believe it's nearly 2017 already. I must get the snowflake out & watch out for a few more makes I've thought up with a little inspiration from many sources, some only in my mind, but I'm sure we keep things in there we've seen from way back.

      Delete
  4. I'll follow along, although I'm a traditional Advent Calendar type. I like your start. That roadster looks like a sweet ride.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna. It's a bit of fun & I've never done an Advent calendar properly, even when the kids were small. I just don't think it was the 'in' thing here in Oz, maybe as we have a hot Xmas. Won't make the crafty things for a few days as we have some car club events coming up and I'm supplying 2 of the raffle prizes, but I'll do the number bit. Take care.

      Delete
  5. You are a clever girl, I didn't realise you are also doing Advent posts. Must take an awful lot of forward planning!

    I remember your snowflakes from last year, they are so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful snowflake. Just looked up to see how they are made.Sorry not commented for a while, had PC problems. Sort of sorted now.

    ReplyDelete