Friday 23 December 2016

ADVENT CALENDAR 23rd

Linking up with Hawthorn and Julie for the Advent Calendar.

DAY 23.

Ah, number 23 just on the left.  This shop has now actually closed down, but I do love the picture of the man with the piano.  Mine is luckily what they call a cottage style and isn't too big.

Well, not actually crafting, but making my space to work a bit friendlier.  It didn't take too long, but did cut into my time, along with a little baking and tidying up.  

What it looks like now.

Bubs is now set up where I had the ordinary sewing machine, cutting table and ironing board.
That quilt is waiting to go on the machine.
I think after Xmas.

Bookcases still in same place.  Enough space too, as the walk through from kitchen area to spare bedrooms and laundry etc.
It seems to be working OK so far, although I've not used Bubs in months,it seems like.


The back bedroom is now where I sew.  Not much happening on that front yet.  After Christmas I have some plans to get lots done in the way of UFO's, my book and some other designs done too.  I've also an idea for a type of quiltalong, but won't be calling it that.  Watch this space.

Still some organising to do & the quilt on the ironing board is awaiting it's binding (already made now).

Looking to the other side.
I can't believe this Advent calendar is nearly over.  I've enjoyed the number bit, but definitely didn't do well with the crafty side.  Hope everyone isn't finding it too boring.
Take care all, Santa will soon be here.
Huggles, Susan.

5 comments:

  1. No I cannot believe Advent is nearly over either.......Hope you enjoyed doing it?

    Julie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes thank you Julie, I have enjoyed. It's been fun.

      Delete
  2. The weather outside is VILE but I'm nice snug and warm catching up with blog posts, I agree that the advent month of posting has flown by!xx xx will reply to your email shortly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely work area. Your house looks more like we were used to in SA and Zim - I always had a spare bedroom to use for my sewing and machine knitting. Miss it here. Have enjoyed your posts. I did nothing much than reminisce and ramble on. Will do better next time. Have a wonderful Christmas and best wishes for 2017. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grrr - Google is playing silly wotsits this evening (cos I am on the iPad, not the 'proper' computer!). I will try for the 3rd time to comment . . .

    Love how you have moved things around and am more than a little envious of all the clear space you have - room to breathe!

    Hope once the holidays are over you will feel like having a play with fabric and enjoy creating again :)

    ReplyDelete