Friday 9 December 2016

ADVENT CALENDAR 9th.

Linking up with Hawthorn and Julie for the Advent Calendar.

DAY 9.


Looking for a knitting pattern yesterday, I discovered this very old one from my late Mum's collection, that for some unknown reason I'd kept.  Notice that price!!!  It must be old indeed as we went over to decimal currency on 14/2/1966.  Think I kept it as there is a singlet/vest pattern which I found rather fascinating.  It certainly came up trumps for my No. 9.
CRAFT.  (Not mine).


Hubby today, played with his new toy.  I now have the pleasure of decorating this little tree.  As this was his first attempt at using the scroll saw, I am absolutely in awe of how well he did.  There are two pieces that slot together down the middle.  Clever boy!

The scroll saw in his shed.
Well not much else to tell, but am still looking for 11 and we have a busy weekend coming up with the car club, our monthly  meeting, on Saturday morning and Sunday sees us going barefoot lawn bowling with our Xmas luncheon to follow.  Ooh, that should be different.
Hope everyone has a great weekend, take care & hugs from Susan.

10 comments:

  1. My mum had a whole box full of vintage knitting patterns and she got rid of the lot when she moved house a few years ago, grrrrr. In fact, she got rid of loads of stuff I'd have loved to have kept. Enjoy the bowling, that sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll admit to giving a lot of them away as we'd even doubled up on some. Gave DD a few too. I've never done lawn bowls and now have the predicament of trying both hands to bowl as I play tennis right-handed & cricket left. As a goalie in netball I used both. Hmmm! Enjoy your weekend. Cool again this morning, not a bit like summer.

      Delete
  2. Well done spotting that no.9! And as for that little tree -is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hawthorn. Still got a few to find, though I think I finally have 11, after looking for something for hubby this time.(giggle). It is amazing where numbers can pop up.

      Delete
  3. I have a few vintage knitting patterns given to me by my daughter-in-law's mother when Hawthorn was expecting her first baby. They are similar to those you have above. There is even a pattern for a knitted child's swimming costume!!! Is that scroll saw hubby's Christmas present? Looks fun. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Living in Africa, must have sort of been something like here, when you mention that you had similar things, or is it a sign of those years? Yes, that is his Xmas present. He's thought about one for ages, so now it is happened.

      Delete
  4. I have a few vintage knitting patterns given to me by my daughter-in-law's mother when Hawthorn was expecting her first baby. They are similar to those you have above. There is even a pattern for a knitted child's swimming costume!!! Is that scroll saw hubby's Christmas present? Looks fun. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the little tree

    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your husbands tree, he is as talented as you are!!

    ReplyDelete