Friday 10 February 2017

HEARTATHON! DAY 10

Following on once again with Kate. for a quick post.

Amazing where we find "hearts"!  Tidying my cookbook shelf and what to may amazement did appear?  Why, my little Heart Foundation cook book.  Tucked away with some others, I'd forgotten all about it.


Do I use it?  Confession here, and the answer is, no.  I've taken a quick peek inside and think I must.
We do need to look after our health and although we do eat healthy, I think we could do better.
And what have I done this morning, but make a chocolate fudge slice and a blueberry vanilla drizzle cake, and I do have an excuse.  We are having some car club visitors tomorrow afternoon following our monthly meeting.  Yes, really!

Well, that's all folks, as I'm flagging, though not quite as warm as yesterday, but I didn't get the best night's sleep due to the muggy night.
Take care all and have a great Friday.    Psst....the weekend is nearly here!๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’œ
Susan.

12 comments:

  1. you have done well finding all the hearts. Temp here today is 41, after 2 days of 42, not much cooler tomorrow, then a few nice days I hope. I have wilted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not as hot as you Judy, but I'm the same, wilting. Bring on some cooler days. I need to pick your brain too!

      Delete
  2. Like Carol of Jak's Tails, you are seeing hearts that you'd not noticed before! Take care and keep cool xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am & yesterday grabbed a page from our local paper to wrap some rubbish & what did I find on it. A large heart, so will put away till next February & no for Valentine's Day, but about dairy farming. Thanks for hosting these things as it sure keeps our eyes open for spotting.

      Delete
  3. I think we all have cookbooks which seemed like a good idea but in reality never bet used :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew what you meant and find we all have slip-ups with a letter misplaced or the wrong or missed word. Sometimes I wonder, if we are all in too much of a hurry these days & don't sit and enjoy what we are doing. I'l always have too many books anyway, but it's something I love.

      Delete
  4. Oops, too early :) "GET" used not bet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am guilty of once possessing loads of cookbooks I never used! Gave the bulk of them away to local charity shops but hats off to you for spotting the heart on the cookbook. Please send some warmer weather to the UK; trying to snow here....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also off loaded heaps to charity when we moved a couple of years ago & still pop some into a local cafe when she has space for her pet charity. I do use or look at most of my others. I don't even buy cooking magazines and just watch bake-offs on TV, both the UK and Australian ones, but no other cooking shows.

      Delete
  6. Yes, guilty as well of too many unused recipe books. I have a pile ready for the charity shop amongst other no longer needed books. Can't keep books forever unless they are special. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that you have a good time with your friends from the car club. Our club has a kind of 'winter break' so we're just starting to think about our commitments for next season. Jx

    ReplyDelete