Friday 3 February 2017

HEARTATHON DAY 3

Linking up with Kate for my next day.
I've been a bit slack with replies on my comments & catching up with everyone due to a hectic schedule this week & some of the following week, so this is a big THANK YOU to those who have been reading these & commenting.

Today are 2 gifts I've been given & display at odd times when I'm feeling in a frivolous mood or in the month of February, being the "heart" month.😊

The pink, green, white heart bunting was given to me by DD with some white cotton, so I could make a a chain to string them up.  Oh dear they did wait a while, but now done,  look lovely.
The darker pink ones below were sent to me by a lovely blogger called Amy, from Love Made My Home.
Thanks to both who contributed to my Heartathon.
So today, that is about as much as I've to offer.
Yesterday I picked lots more blueberries, tidied the garden a bit, had an afternoon appointment, then we did something we rarely do, and went out with a group from the car club for tea at a local pub.  Lovely night, though we do get noisy, as we are all getting on & so many of the gentlemen have hearing aids & talk VERY loud.
Today we pick up the newsletters for folding, putting into alphabetical order, taking to the clubrooms tomorrow, then any that aren't picked up we post.  Not a big job, but sort of time consuming.
Take care all, have a good Friday & I'll see you tomorrow.
Susan.


11 comments:

  1. Lovely crochet hearts, I have garlands of hearts quietly about the house, they make me smile when I see them :) Have a good Friday too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely hearty garland; I'm tempted to make some but where to display them so they'd not be in Beloved's way???? Probably round my computer desk would do so that is another to-do job! Thanks to you mentioning UFOs the other day I got all my yarn ones out (quilting ones will have to wait) and finished one off! Another one is nearly finished too. I plan to finish more.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks M. I also find it hard to display, as I've no mantel or anything similar, but they can stay till the 14th. UFOs, ugh! I have way too many, and really want to clear A LOT this year & am on the final row of the shawl. Pattern & wool purchased in UK because I needed to keep my hands occupied.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. The heart garlands are lovely, just the thing to display around Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. I've never tried to crochet one myself, but it maybe something to do, after I've tackled learning to knit socks.(lol)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. The February hearts look lovely on the bookcase. I do love the idea of a car club all going on outings. It also sounds strange that you are picking berries and here all plants are bare, though trees are starting to show buds. Keep well. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The February hearts look lovely on the bookcase. I do love the idea of a car club all going on outings. It also sounds strange that you are picking berries and here all plants are bare, though trees are starting to show buds. Keep well. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had forgotten that I sent you hearts! Lovely to see them being enjoyed, I hope they are bringing you joy!

    ReplyDelete