Sunday 5 February 2017

HEARTATHON! DAY 5

Linking up for the fifth day with Kate.
Now, although I have the colonial knot embroidery hanging on the wall here, I found this particular photo of it in my archives & liked it much better.

My heart was framed professionally, but embroidered by me.
Thank you so much for your thoughts on my not feeling so well yesterday & today I'm much better.

This morning I fed the birds & to my amazement I had 2 Rainbow Lorikeets come to visit.  We do have them come when the New Zealand Xmas Bush is in flower, but I can never get a good photo.  This is still not a good one, but here it is anyway.  Not long after I very quietly snapped this, they were off.

Just one in this snap.
Later this morning I started up Bubs to do the last row on the quilt that has been on for a few weeks, with not much headway.  I did a little yesterday with a lot of thread breaks,😭 which started to get me down, so wound up when I didn't feel good.
I realised when I wound the quilt forward that although I still had one whole 12" row to do, I only had the space of about 4" on the quilt.  Well, could I remember how to do the trim bit?  NO!  I put my somewhat silly thinking cap on, put some more fabric below the quilt & now have a couple of little quilted pieces of fabric to do something with.  Oh, the brain really was fuddled, and we'll blame it on the heat.😉

Just off the machine & you'll notice  the 2 bits of fabric at the bottom.

I do love the look of this pattern on the white.  It is Maggie's Roses by Deb Geisler.
I used a jelly roll & white background fabric and a lovely rose print for this one, which I designed.  I have plenty of the jelly roll leftover & have drawn another quilt on graph paper to use up some more of the jelly roll and it will have a black background.  I'll try and start it soon!!!
Photos to come of both when bound & finished.

As I'm running late with this today, I'll say nighty-night & hope you all have a good start to the week tomorrow.  Two of my grandies return to school tomorrow after the long summer break, along with their Mum (DD) who is returning to full time employment.  Hope all goes well.
Take care all out there in blogland & another catch up on the 6th.
Susan.




9 comments:

  1. Susan, you do need to work out how to trim, or use fill!!! LOvely quilt though, well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Judy, if only you were closer & I could pick your brains. I've done it before, but just couldn't use the old grey matter this weekend. I'll talk to you soon. BTW, thank you.

      Delete
  2. Another lovely heart! Quilt looks good too. I've done very little machine embroidery but it is on my to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks M. I've never done machine embroidery, but do like doing by hand.

      Delete
    2. I've done mostly hand quilting but I tend to stick to simple lines as the thought of all the turning doing the round bits would drive me nuts!

      Delete
  3. I love your heart picture and that is a most unusual lamp shade behind it. I always think Australian and South American birds look like something out of a child's colouring book. Amazing colours. Even our African birds can't compete.Glad you are feeling better. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol & yes, we do have some wonderful coloured birds, though if you look carefully, the UK actually have more of a delicate colouring in many varieties.

      Delete
  4. Such a pretty little heart - perfect in that frame :) if the heat is getting to you, take it easy and be kind to yourself, summer must be coming to an end as our weather here is finally getting brighter and with all the bulbs popping up it is bringing promise of better days xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. I'm taking it easy, just don't tolerate the heat, but I'm not alone, so life goes on regardless.

      Delete