Sunday 12 February 2017

HEARTATHON! DAYS 11 & 12.

Linking with Kate.

Yes, I am a day behind but I'm here, after  a very hectic Saturday.

I'll start with my two hearts.

Day 12.

The one on the left was made by hubby just after he got his scrollsaw, as he knows my love of owls.  The little keyring on the right was given to me last Xmas in the Xmas swap Jo at Through the Keyhole organised.  My gifts actually came from another Jo.
These two objects were sitting in my sewing room ready to hang on the wall yesterday, when one of my visitors mentioned the one on the left had a heart in the centre, so I picked it up this morning to take a photo and suddenly realised that the little  spoon keyring also had a heart.  Yes I do keep noticing hearts, as has my friend Val, who says she thinks she is going to start seeing them everywhere too.

DAY 11.

This heart memo holder on the right hangs on my sewing room wall.  This photo was taken in Ballarat in 2015 and found in my archives as it is raining today and the light is appalling.  It looks a wee bit messy!
Now for why I am running late.
Yesterday turned into quite a different day from what we'd visualised.  After the car club meeting, R & M came for afternoon tea and we were then joined by another couple, R & V who were all participating in the Drouin Ficifolia Festival parade.  We'd not put our names down and were a little disappointed not to be going.  Both these couples have Model A Fords and R & V have a dickie seat in the rear & as it was a beautiful afternoon with the parade commencing at 5pm, they suggested we could go with them.
Val & I sat in the rear and we had so much fun.

I'd misplaced my small camera, but hubby & Val took a few photos on their phones, so I've a couple to show.

5 of our club's cars lined up with a congregation of us under the sign trying to stay out of the sun, whilst we waited for the parade to start.

The car we were travelling in.  
Now for a funny photo.
This is what two ladies look like in a dickie seat, when hubby realises what the wind is doing to us.

I've not had the wind in my hair like this since I was a teenager (long time ago), when I had a boyfriend with a sports car.  It was quite exhilerating and brought memories flooding back of  a bygone era.

Well that is my lot for the last 2 days.
I've had fun but also  a little unsettling news, that I'm not sure whether to tell about, but bear with me over the next few weeks if I'm not quite with it.  I will be continuing on with the heartathon, updating my quilt gallery page and still reading blogs, 
This is just letting you know, I could be quiet at times.
Take care all,
Huggles
Susan.

PS.  This blog has a mind of it's own sometimes, which is why the layout is weird today.

8 comments:

  1. That looks like you were having a lot of fun, and how lovely that you could ride with R and Val :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayne. We laughed our heads off at times and we nearly lost our hats, so we went hatless. We were also trying to do the royal wave as passed the crowds, but neither of us could master that.

      Delete
  2. More lovely hearts! Whilst reading this post I realised I too have a heart shaped memo thing! I use it to hold cards I've been given that I've no wish to throw away or cards I've bought because they are lovely. I think we will all be seeing hearts everywhere now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks M. I'm still finding hearts and have changed my mind a few times during this marathon as Kate calls it. Shame it's nearly over.

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful smiley photo ! You look like to be really enjoying the car-jolly - glad you went along :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our faces were aching from both smiling and laughing. Sometimes I couldn't see a thing with my hair in my face. It sure was fun.

      Delete
  4. Love all the hearts that keep popping up. Your outing looked such fun - I've never been in a dickie seat. Take care of yourself. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks C. I'd never ridden in one before and have a great big bruise on my knee to prove it, as there isn't much room and very awkward to get in and out of.

      Delete