Saturday 4 February 2017

HEARTATHON! DAY 4

Linking up with Kate for the 4th of Feb.  Again just a quick one, as I've not been feeling a 100% today.  Maybe just hot & tired after a hectic week.

Looking around the house at the end of January, I think I've already mentioned I found so many hearts.  These were staring me in the face.


My lovely fridge magnets which I use all the time.  One is always holding the pad I write my weekly menu plan on and the others are used for various bits & pieces when needed.
I'm not going to say I'm the tidiest person with a lovely clean fridge door, as over the years, I think, it's been wonderful to have appointments, the occasional flyer & my menu close by, so I don't forget things.  Definitely good as you age.  Ugh!
Today I've finished a loose-fitting summer dress,(hand sewing still to do on it), that I've had the fabric for, forever and a day & popped the first borders on the stash busting quilt I spoke about in January.  Last night I also made good headway on the frilly border for the shawl.  Not done anything like that before, but I think it is OK.  At the end of the month, I'll have a show & tell of my finishes, or maybe the odd one with one of the heart posts.  I also need to do that UFO list!!!  You may all remind me if I've not done it by Valentine's Day.
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.  Take care.
Susan.



5 comments:

  1. What lovely fridge magnets; I took keep small bits of paper under fridge magnets for making lists, reminders etc. At my age I either have to do something at once or write a note to do it later....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fact you have hearts staring you in the face, hidden in plain site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it is amazing how many hearts we have around the house. Love those fridge magnets. Take it easy, don't wear yourself out in that heat.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that you're starting to feel better. Looking forward to seeing the stash busting quilt and all your other projects. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your well wishes.

    ReplyDelete