Tuesday 28 February 2017

FEBRUARY FLIES BY!!!!!!!

Well, after a "hearty" February of ups & downs, both with the weather and life bits, it is now drawing to a close & I can't believe where it has gone.

The HEARTATHON was a great success with Kate's linkup and I wish to thank her very much & to two other lovely ladies who joined in.  I have one last offering as I'll be turning this calendar over tomorrow.

My Yarndale calendar sported a lovely punch needle heart & the 2 little ones above were given to each person as they entered the show.  I was lucky to be given a second one, when asking if I was able to meet Lucy, but she'd just stepped out for a break, & as I'd come all the way from Oz was presented with the orange one too.  They are certainly special.
Over the weekend we took our entries to the Jindivik Flower & Craft Show & on Sunday afternoon we picked them up again & I took these few photos whilst there.  Not the best photography as it is a very small, dark hall, but we did come home with some Prize Cards.  I donated our winnings to the CFA.  It wasn't much, but all helps.




All of these items have been posted about before, three of them very recently & my embroidered quilt some time in the latter half of last year.  I missed out on the blueberry jam & appliqued wall hanging, but am so pleased with placings.

Now, I have made a decision on the quilt drawing I showed and here it is. A small quilt which I will now quilt in an allover pattern.  It was made to finish off the jelly roll I used to make the larger one with white background.  Both shown below.  These 2 quilts have been named after 2 of my grand daughters, but I'm unable to use their names on my blog.  I've another quilt designed for my eldest GD & hope to make a start on that amongst clearing up some UFO's which I'm supposed to doing a list for & blogging about with my friend Joy.  She has a  page dedicated to Cutting our UFOs in half for 2017.  I'm joining in too, at some stage.




Reading this month has been very enjoyable.  Our local library requested the purchase of 2 books I'd been after and I've already read this one, which I can recommend.

A very touching story.
And this one which I am reading now.

Afraid I'm a big Monty Don fan and enjoy his way of telling a story.
Yesterday we took a journey to Wonthaggi to have some printer cartridges filled, which they couldn't do, so had to buy new ones, which of course  now don't fit our printer.  What a kerfuffle.
We did have a lovely day though with a walk along the beach at Inverloch after downing a cuppa from our thermos & stopping by the jetty to see if any stingrays were in.  We were rewarded with sighting two.  A small one and a whopper!
Whilst in Wonthaggi, I spotted these little cuties in an OP SHOP & I parted with a "mighty" $2 and came home with them.

2 small vases to take odd flowers, when not much is in flower.
The tiny pot because it was so cute & wee.
Other than the above waffling, I've made another start on a very old UFO.  I started it as part of a mystery quilt from an AP&Q, magazine which I no longer have.  I had made a fair amount of both 9 patch & 4 patch blocks and will now set them together, something like in the photo below.  I need to make a few more of the 9 patch.  Once done I will quilt it and give it to charity.

The small quilt on the design wall.

In the UFO tub.
  I wonder why I bought this piece of fabric?
I don't even remember buying it.
Was I planning something for it?
Who knows?
It is pretty though.
Enough from me this month.  Hope you've enjoyed my little adventures in hearts, crafts & whatever else I've blogged about.
It is the start of Autumn tomorrow (Spring in the northern hemisphere) and some trees, I've noticed are already starting to change colour.
It was warm here today (36 deg), with another few hot one to comes, so not quite autumn temperatures yet.
Take care all.
Susan.

13 comments:

  1. Many congrats to you both on your winnings.

    I too love Monty's writing but won't be getting this particular one. I came across an extract which was the section where he had Beaufort put to sleep in the coppice. There were parts of that section I really did not like so I shall not be reading any more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your birdhouse fabric. Congratulations on your Prize Cards; the little car is sweet, as are you pillow and crochet. Our library doesn't have the Austwick book, but does have several garden books by Monty. I'll have to try one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna. Yes the birdhouse fabric is pretty, but I still can't remember where I bought, which is not like me. Hmmm! Must be getting old.

      Delete
  3. Well done with your crafty winnings! I was delighted that you joined in with February's heartathon x You have some beautiful UFOs look forward to see them again as they become complete 😊 I will email you tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. UFO's & stash busting is a bit of a goal at the moment, in between car club stuff & trying to beat this high blood pressure thing. Might not get as much done as I want.

      Delete
  4. All your entries to the competition were lovely... congratulations on the winnings! Your e-mail hasn't reached me. I wonder if one of the double letters in my surname went missing? That's the usual problem! Just to make sure, here's my e-mail again. jan.scarrott@talk21.com Hope that you are well, Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. I had missed a letter & got one from you this morning. I'll catch up with emails hopefully over the weekend.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on all your places, you did very well and they were well deserved. Hope you're enjoying the Monty book, I found some bits really sad but others made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. The book is being read slowly, but I am enjoying & I'm sure I'll deal with the sad bits, as having had several pets over the years, know how heart wrenching it can be.

      Delete
  6. All your quilts are so beautiful. Even the UFOs are full of skill and talent. I would love to be able to produce something like that. Congratulations in your placings in the show, that is something to be proud of! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillian and whoever thought you couldn't do something like that, as you are crafty & clever. Just look at some of the things you produce & show us on your blog. Another thing you have, is a gift for putting your home together beautifully.

      Delete
  7. Well done on your placings, and good luck with the UFO list, I am not even going to attempt to do that, so will be watching your progress instead.

    ReplyDelete