Monday 20 February 2017

JAM & A CRAFT SHOW.

I think I talked about making jam some time during the Heartathon, and yes I've done it.  Blueberry jam made in the breadmaker and  it looks OK and I did taste some on the spoon once I'd ladled it all into the jars.

Not the best photo, but this is what I ended up with.  2 full jars and one part filled. 
Maybe I should make scones to try some!!!!!

Tomorrow, I have to take some curtain material back to where I purchased it, as they have cut one side so crooked it looks silly.  They are just pre-made, ready to be hung that you buy off the roll.  My sewing room curtains are starting to look quite shabby and saw these and thought, why not brighten up the room.  Hopefully I'll be able to show what I've done by next week.

The coming weekend I am entering in this......


I posted about the same show last year and have decided to do it all over again.
I've 2 quilts, a crocheted shawl, a cushion, jar of the above jam and hubby is putting the Model T in as well.  Wonder how we will go?

Not much of a post today, as DD had a small medical procedure on Friday and we spent a few days there picking up the kids from school and taking them to sporting events on Saturday, so not much has happened here in West Gippsland, except catching up on some washing & the usual housework. Oh and making jam.  I wanted to get the next installment done for my quilt gallery, but that can happen through the week some time.
The weather has been crazy too, with much, much cooler conditions (yes), and it brought snow to the alpine area north of us although it is still officially summer. 😲  Even the cool today isn't going to last long, as Wednesday is predicted to be 32deg.

OK, I'll wrap this up now and hope everyone has a good week.
Take care and huggles,
Susan.

9 comments:

  1. The jam looks yummy, and good luck in the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely need to make scones!! Fingers crossed for the craft show, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. I'll possibly make some later in the week.

      Delete
  3. Well done on the jam. I made scones at the weekend at and they were far too yummy :)

    Glad things went well for C. and good luck at the show. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayne, and I'll admit to enjoying scones, but it's been a bit hot to have the oven on too much lately.

      Delete
  4. Glad that the jam came out well, I must have a go at making some in my breadmaker, something I've never done before. Good luck in the show, I hope you come home with lots of 1sts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. The jam was actually very easy and the set is good although a friend said it wouldn't be, as I hadn't used Jamsetter.

      Delete
  5. Glad you got the jam done and jarred! All the best with the craft show :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the jam but how annoying about the curtains. It makes me mad at sloppy workmanship, including mine!!

    ReplyDelete