Tuesday 14 February 2017

HEARTATHON! FINAL DAY (14).

Last link up with the lovely Kate.  Thank you for all the comments on my Day 13.
Sorry I've not replied to each one, but just been busy.

For my final offering, I waited with this one, as these have a special meaning.


Today may be the last heartathon for this year, but these two  will always be special in a couple of ways.  It is hubby's brother's birthday today, and these were given to us by him & my sister-in-law just before we left Yorkshire to head south on the final part of our holiday last year. They are also where part of our hearts lie, in the beautiful county of Yorkshire. Of course hubby was born there, but I too have ancestors from the north of England and I'm sure it is in my blood.  Someone once said, it was my spiritual home!

Not much to report today, other than I'm now looking forward to Kate's next "HUNT", probably for our March words to come.


Thank you to Kate and the other two heartathoners, you've all made it so much fun.

I'll see you soon with a completely different type of post to these.
Take care,  thanks again & huggles to all.

12 comments:

  1. You did indeed save the best to last :) No wonder they are special to you xxx So glad you joined in with the Heartathon - it has been wonderful seeing all your hearty photos and stories :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate & it's been fun & I too have loved the stories we've all told with our heart photos.

      Delete
  2. Another great story; yes myself and hubby love Yorkshire. It just feels right.
    I've done the kumihimo post as promised and it will go live on 15 February. Hope it makes sense to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks M. Look forward to seeing the kumihimo post.

      Delete
  3. I think there are quiter a few of us who've commented that Yorkshire, or posibly all of England, is your spiritual home :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Jayne, I do know that is where my heart lies, but Australia has its own unique beauty too & I do appreciate that in a different way.

      Delete
  4. What lovely special hearts! Hope you are having a good valentines day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. Basically just another day, as I never grew up with much to do with Valentine's Day. Probably my era.

      Delete
  5. Very special memories... well done for making it through the hunt! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that you had a lovely Valentine's Day. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yorkshire hasn't earned the nickname God's Own County for nothing, it's such a beautiful place and I'm lucky to live here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so lucky Jo to live in a beautiful palce, and I'm glad to have met a lovely friend such as you from Yorkshire.

      Delete